Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woo Hoo, I\'m gonna be broke (but smiling) TWS May 30th

Well boys (girls?), I finally signed up for my first trackday. Now I'm scrambling around trying to find leathers and boots. If I have to I'll rent em, but would rather not. Is it a seriously bad idea to go with cheap leathers (AGV Laser)? Parts411 has them for $279. I've tried on Teknik size 42 that was too big, so I'm thinking I need size 40, if AGV fits about the same that is.

Anyway, I'm excited... who's gonna be there? I've already heard from a couple of you that will.

I went ahead and signed up without gear because I'm getting married soon, so she'll be spending all my money, I knew it was now or never to get on the track... yeah she's thrilled

·
Registered
34,392 Posts
Re: Woo Hoo, I\'m gonna be broke (but smiling) TWS May 30th

I have seen the laser suit and it looks like it will do the job. Fits nice. I am nowhere near your size so I don't know. But it will get the job done for your first trackday.

Enjoy

·
Registered
3,003 Posts

Well I was always told that any suit is better than no suit. What you are paying for alot of the times in the fit and finish. I noticed this weekend since I did my first trackday that it doesn't matter what kind of suit it is...it will help in the event of a crash. Buy what you can. I do suggest looking for a medium prices suit so you get the best fit and protection that you can afford but something is better than nothing.

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts

that suit should be okay. most of the real top end stuff is because of brand or its made from 'Roo leather.
middle of the road is best value cos you get good quality, but budget suits (to a certain point) are generally just finished a little less neatly, but nothing that'd cause major worries. Make sure its got armor in the right places and the leathers not paper thin......

you sorted for gloves? look after yer digits

enjoy the trackday, but be warned you'll be addicted!!!!!

·
Banned
15,031 Posts

i'll be there. Look for the 05 750 with white tiger fur. This is my 2nd track day at TWS. If this is your VERY first track day. Pay special attention to your session leaders. The track is very deceiving IMO. Its a fun relativly safe and has a lot of learning potentail with it. What I mean is, there is a lot of room to slid if you were to wreck, and the track is EXTREMELY wide, and the surface is very nice and smooth. Although, this track is 3 miles, its got some deceptive corners, and the top speeds are well..... as fast as your bike can go. I mean it. You'll top your bike out half way down the straightaway if you pin it hard enough. Its a lot of fun, and I'm really looking forward to learning alot again. I know there is still a ton to learn. Have fun, be smart, and go YOUR pace. See ya out there

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Gimpsta, look foward to seeing you there (and whoever else will be there). I'm sooo excited. I have boots, and a new helmet on the way. Still in the air on the suit... I know I better hurry.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

By the way, I'll be the rookie on the Red/Silver/Black 02 GSXR 1000, I'll have the stock pipe and screen back on it by then too.
<-----------

·
Registered
209 Posts

For all the GDC guys that will be there, if I do end up corner working and get a good corner, I'd be happy to take your cameras and get some good pictures. Let me know....

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I'm definitely in.
As this is my first time, how will I find you, you find me? My name is Ryan, I'm 5'10" skinny, white and have dirty blonde hair (yikes, sounds kinda like a personal ad) and I already described my bike.

·
Registered
16,168 Posts

Just a heads up about gear..check here, they are in TX... www.newenough.com Paul or Holly can help with leathers, gloves or boots, and they are reat folks to deal with...

·
Banned
15,031 Posts

i'll be there. probably the only bike with fur. so take what ever pictures you want. ( unless your at corner 4 or8

·
Registered
96 Posts

I'll be there for my first track day too! I decided to rent leathers for this first one. Rental is only $50. If I have a great time and decide to do more track days, then I'll buy my own leathers.

I'll be on a yellow 04 GSXR-600.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts

Yup yup.....I'll be there getting some practice in..........just look for the bikes with the bright ass lime green wheels, that'll be me and my dawg out there, trying to get faster.........

Looking forward to seeing all the Texas GDC peeps out there

·
Banned
15,031 Posts

lets just pray it doesn't rain

last time i went March 26, it was dry and ok for the first half. then rained for an hour or so - and got cold. then it warmed up and dryed for one more session. but it was cloudy all day. I would how ever hate to be there when its screaming hott.

do be careful all, I saw atleast 5 wrecks on my own.
I think I'm going to try and take Ty Howards class. I dont know when the next time I can take it will be, so i'm taking it now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts