Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
29,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm in the market for leathers for my wife, I'm looking at the Alpinestars Tyla series in white, or the Icon Hella, also in white. The wife REALLY wants a lot of white in her suit. Any ladies here have experience with either or both brands? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

809 Posts
My jackets are ICON and my gloves are Alpinestars. I would try to find a store where she could try them on or a place online where they don't ping you for returns/exchanges. I feel like my textile is larger than my leather and I believe they are the same size (M). I've experienced this with pants as well and have been hesitant to buy an official pair of riding pants. Stupid I know, but I can't decide.

Not very helpful, but you want to make sure comfort is there.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I know this thread is pretty old, but i'm going to bump it to the top.

I noticed women's leather jackets run really small. Well, from my experience with Alpine Star at least. I am 5'8/135lbs and my Joe Rocket textile jacket is a medium. It fits me very well in lenth and around (it has the tabs to cinch/adjust the waist). I tried on many sizes in the Alpine Star jackets, but they seem to run short and really tight. I even went up to a size 10 and it was still very short in the arms. I can deal with fitted throughout the body and chest, but the length would not work.

Does anyone know of another brand that might be a better fit for taller girls? I'm by no means overweight (i'm a fitness fanatic actually), but these jackets make me feel like a giant.

Your help is appreciated.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a lot of A* gear, and I love it. Only had an issue with the gloves, but nothing that would keep me from buying more.
She definitely needs to try them on though! Women's bodies vary so much that each brand and each 'style' will fit completely different.
I tried some Teknik track pants, they hurt, bad! I didnt like them at all.
But then tried some A* Stella pants, and loved them

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know this thread is pretty old, but i'm going to bump it to the top.

I noticed women's leather jackets run really small. Well, from my experience with Alpine Star at least. I am 5'8/135lbs and my Joe Rocket textile jacket is a medium. It fits me very well in lenth and around (it has the tabs to cinch/adjust the waist). I tried on many sizes in the Alpine Star jackets, but they seem to run short and really tight. I even went up to a size 10 and it was still very short in the arms. I can deal with fitted throughout the body and chest, but the length would not work.

Does anyone know of another brand that might be a better fit for taller girls? I'm by no means overweight (i'm a fitness fanatic actually), but these jackets make me feel like a giant.

Your help is appreciated.
Thanks for that info on Joe Rocket/A* gear. You are built like me, but an inch taller. I have a long but narrow torso, wider shoulders, and nearly all jeans look like high-waters on me. I haven't started test fitting anything leather because of the above reasons - I figure it will be sort of frustrating, so this information is very helpful!

Thanks everyone else for the input as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts