Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quick question for you lady riders...

Would you say that there is a large selection of women specific rider gear available? Specifically nice/fashionable motorcycle jackets? If so, which brands do you like? Are you open to trying a new brand of jacket?

·
Registered
42 Posts
A quick question for you lady riders...

Would you say that there is a large selection of women specific rider gear available? Specifically nice/fashionable motorcycle jackets? If so, which brands do you like? Are you open to trying a new brand of jacket?
there is nearly not enough rider gear for women! I love Shift and Icon! The jacket I wear now is a mans jacket and my race leathers are mens also....im 5'5" 110lbs so mens gear fits me like shyt!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
there is nearly not enough rider gear for women! I love Shift and Icon! The jacket I wear now is a mans jacket and my race leathers are mens also....im 5'5" 110lbs so mens gear fits me like shyt!
Girl, I got an awesome Joe Rocket that firts great! You're probably an XS Just like me. :cheers

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what is a price point you'd being willing to pay for a quality leather jacket?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
how long ago did ya get it? and what web site? I need help! :biggrin
My jacket is a mesh with removable layers. Its the one thats in my signature. Fits perfectly. I actually bought it from a motorcycle store that had a fair amount of women's jackets. :cheers

·
Registered
26 Posts
field sheer by far has best jackets. true to size and many nice features very practical.my icon suzuki gixxer jacket is the best looking but runs small and is not as versatile. I only do textile or mesh with armor and layer under. What i want is some tight ass armored textile pants.

·
Premium Member
18,689 Posts
for women i would recommend looking at the icon stuff. the teknic jackets fit very well if you're smaller. the icon boots fit true to size for women and the coats are good as well.

I only know because erin tests on damn near everything lol i'll get her posting up in here a bit more since she orders stuff just to test it out at times. not too mention between erin, gixxervixxen, and a few other female friends in the local area they will soon own nearly all of the female gear available. gixxervixxen knows a lot about womens gear as well.

I must admit i don't envy you girls. the manufacturers need to pull their heads out of their ass. erin has tried some jackets with the elbow armour nearly on her wrists. erin and gixxervixxen were laughing at it like it was made for a tiny girl with gorilla arms (5 foot arms). talk about some bad designs out there.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
field sheer by far has best jackets. true to size and many nice features very practical.my icon suzuki gixxer jacket is the best looking but runs small and is not as versatile. I only do textile or mesh with armor and layer under. What i want is some tight ass armored textile pants.
I just got some Olympia mesh pants that come with a wind-waterproof removable liner (not insulated, which I like). They have great armor; very well made. The mesh is placed for flow without giving up protection. I've worn them in 50 to 100 degrees. At 100 they aren't as cool as a full mesh pant, but I don't feel protected in those. I sized these to let me wear a pair of jeans underneath for work days, but they still work great without anything under them. These are the 1st pants I've had that didn't stick to me without some sort of liner. I like being able to carry the liner as rain pants; much more compact. I found them at BMW shop in Medford, but can't seem to find them on the internet. Spendy but cheaper than the 6 pair of pants I have in my closet and don't like for various reasons. They'll work for all my riding conditions, except for track when I'd pull out my leather.

They run slim in the thighs, but I found I could leave the pockets open when riding and they worked fine then. I'm 5'2" and usually a size 6.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a joe rocket that is mesh and has plenty of armor. i'm looking to get a speed and strength jacket since i went down in the joe rocket one and i'm in need of a new jacket.

i totally agree, though, there is jack shit for women's gear. even it exists, god forbid it get stocked in the stores. :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi -

I am new to the boards and to riding, I actually just passed my MSF course today. I was looking for gear to use for my class, and decided to purchase a speed and strength jacket. It was comfortable a little heavy for the slow speeds we were going, but the liner is removable. It is not that bad looking, even though the style I liked better was a men's jacket (they did not have it in my size).

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Rump Ryder PermaSquid
363 Posts
what is a price point you'd being willing to pay for a quality leather jacket?
That would depend on the quality and durability, stitching ect....

My wife needs a good jacket so keep me in mind.:cheers

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have Joe Rocket's leather and mesh jackets, and Speed & Strength textile. As much as I like the style of Icon, I do not understand how the company can charge so high with such weak padding built-in. Speed & Strength's new textile sells for $60 cheaper and has strong padding comparable to Joe Rocket.

I paid $350 for my leather jacket, but it was also a new style for the year. I paid $50 for my mesh jacket, but it was on clearance. And I paid $140 for my textile that is water-proof. Those are generally ideal price points in my book. If the jackets are heavily styled with designs then I expect to pay an extra $60-80.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Overall, women's gear options are very limited. Depends on what kind of riding you're doing, how much you can spend, etc. Olympia makes good stuff, but it's always too big for me. Well, a lot of gear is - I'm 5'3", 110 lbs. Alpine* has the 1 and 2 piece leathers, but your choices are black or white only, and why the heck do women's leathers always come non-perfed? White will get very dirty and black will suffocate you. Oh, and that femmoto suit makes most women look like the Michelin Man, the way it's designed. I'm in Tx, so textile can be really hot. I have a Fieldsheer textile jacket though, and the sizing is good. I have a Scorpion mesh jacket and really like their stuff for leisure riding. Scorpion seems to be the most flattering to a woman's body. For more agressive riding, I wear leathers, and I lucked out and got a Dainese set on ebay for $400 in a EU40. That's the other prob, the good stuff costs so much - the Alpine* leathers are around $600 and Dainese are usually at least $1000. As far as Joe Rocket or Icon goes, guess it's a matter of taste. I think Icon is usually made very poorly, and a lot of brands also have specific bike types/logos stitched on them. I can't ride a gixxer and wear a jacket that says CBR or Busa on it. Oh, and I don't want to wear baby blue or girly pink. I guess the ladies just need to be as active as possible, and then gear options will open up more. All about supply and demand!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts