Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Yellow/black 2006 Gsxr 750
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is looking for a new jacket as her alpinestar Stella is too tight in her shoulders and isn’t a comfortable ride for her. We went to the local dealership last night to try on some jackets and it became pretty clear that women’s jackets are meant for a more petite shoulder - she tried on a few men’s jackets but the ones that were a good fit for her shoulders/arms had her swimming in the waist, and she wasn’t a fan of the guys color schemes.

I would post this in the ladies section but every single sticky there screams “no exceptions, boys not allowed” so I didn’t want to risk a ban.

Female riders on the forum or those that have wives/girlfriends that ride with you that have broad shoulders but an athletic/slim waist - What jackets have worked well?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not trying to be a smart-ass, but how about men's jackets? It's easier nowadays to find them in colors and designs that could be considered gender-neutral.

·
Registered
Yellow/black 2006 Gsxr 750
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not trying to be a smart-ass, but how about men's jackets? It's easier nowadays to find them in colors and designs that could be considered gender-neutral.
Not a smart ass, but you missed something - “she tried on a few men’s jackets but the ones that were a good fit for her shoulders/arms had her swimming in the waist, and she wasn’t a fan of the guys color schemes.”

She could have gotten over the color schemes with a neutral style but the bigger issue was how baggy/loose the midsections were on the men’s jackets.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not a smart ass, but you missed something - “she tried on a few men’s jackets but the ones that were a good fit for her shoulders/arms had her swimming in the waist, and she wasn’t a fan of the guys color schemes.”

She could have gotten over the color schemes with a neutral style but the bigger issue was how baggy/loose the midsections were on the men’s jackets.
Yeah, I missed that. My bad.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Maybe try some of the European brands like dainese. They seem to be tailored slimmer around the waist generally.

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts