Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I am a Gixxer guy but I have been waiting for you K5 owners to post the all important base run. I want to see real World dynos of stock K5 or even slightly or hell massivly modded k5s. I really doubt that I am the only guy here that would love to see what this amazing machine is really doing. I have only seen one and it was 154rwhp. Which is fine but lets get a couple stock runs to compare and then what a few of the mods really do. I have always dyno'd my bikes at least once a year and it is only $35 for a base run and $45 for a base run and a full run through all the gears. With all you guys are spending you can do this just to know if what your spending is paying off.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I couldn't care less what my bike puts down for HP.....All of the bikes out now are w/in a tenth or so in teh 1/4 and track times are so damn close too...All the braging about specifications isn't something I take part in....

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
maybe so but i just want to see the difference between real bikes and the magazine bikes. and then with all the ???? about aftermarket parts and maps and such it would be nice to see actual #s to back up the claims.
But your right all the liter bikes are so close it really comes down to the rider anyways but that isn't the point of my post.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I've seen a couple "second" hand runs on paper and can tell you that the ZX10 and R1 are only 2 or 3 hp behind. 156 rear from an 05 Gix, 155 for the ZX10 - but where the gix really did seems to be in front was Tourqe curve - making it lower in the rev range....thus more accessable....
S

·
Registered
941 Posts
I have know a guy who took his 05 1k to the same Dyno I use and it put down 150 HP. I would also like to SEE the Dyno charts though...

·
Registered
3 Posts
One of the tuners in my area has two '05 1Ks that they use as track bikes. Both of their bikes dynoed in the 148 to 149s stock and 153s with minor mods. I will be in their shop later this week for a base run on my '05 when it's done i'll post the chart.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I personally called the tuner that I use and asked him about the 05's....He said every one that he has tested has all been 149-150 HP and one bike put down 151 HP. Again all Dyno's will very, but he said that the 05 is basically putting out 5 more HP then last years model according to everything he has seen so far.....Kinda makes me want to go to the Dyno that Cycle World uses and check mine out there...lmao

·
Registered
941 Posts
no way that race gas is going to make 10 more HP...

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
05 1k dynoed in at 154 with about 1000 miles on it totally stock. the guy then put in a power commander and tweaked the map a little and got it up to 156. good race gas is worth about 5to7 hp with a good map. a good pipe maybe 7 to 8 more. totaling 165 to 168 .

·
Registered
941 Posts
I want to put my bike on his Dyno...Hell I should be putting out 175 HP with that Gas...lmao

·
Registered
25 Posts
every body knows Lee's dyno reads a little high but u can't dispute the fact that he is one of the top if not the best when it comes to 1000's

also 01gixx, have you ever had MR9 in your bike? it does make a huge difference espeacially when you have a custom map and alot of time to throw at it. And at about $20 a gallon the stuff better work!

·
Registered
941 Posts
I'm a touchy feely kinda guy.......I have to see it to believe it....I guess if I put some jet fuel in my bike it would fly....lmao....(that was really intended as a joke)

I guess I feel this way because of all the times I've been to the Dyno. I even stopped at the Sunoco station right before I went and topped the bike off with 93 octane and I got the same HP numbers as before...I've just seen and heard alot of Hype, spend the money, went to the Dyno (spent more money) and did not see any gains on some things....It just me..people can claim all they want, but till I actually get the 1st hand scoop, I don't believe most people...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts