Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i tried to wire my fan to a toggle switch on my 96 1100 but when i get the fan to come on the lights on the dash come on also! when i turn the ignition on the fan doesnt come on! whats the proper way to wire the toggle switch to the fan to make it come on??? the switch has 3 prongs positive negative and accesory

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
please check Bugman2 and click on the menu link that says "Fan switch". This should show you what you need.

I thnk the switch you have may be more complicated than what you really need. Sounds like you bought a light-up rocker switch perhaps? My guess is that the "positive" contact is indeed for one of your fan switch wires -- in the picture on my site, you'd connect this contact to the yellow wire. The "negative" contact would be connected to the brown wire in this picture. The actual colors of your wires may be different.

here's my bike"

at the front lower left side of the radiator -- that's the fan switch there with two wires coming from it.

The third contact on an SPST switch is usually just to light up the switch. It requires a little more compicated setup than you really want to get into with this project. I don't think that switch will work , at least not easily, for the project.

My advice is to undo the wiring you've done, set it back to stock, then get a simple SPST switch. Then folllow the instructions on the bugman2 web page mentioned. I'm sure it will work out for ya.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.