Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,is there any difference as to which side to hook up the hot and ground wires to the dyna coils? as near as i can tell i cant see the usual + or - markings on them. thanks ej

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nope, nada, zip, no difference. Just do the same on each one for uniformity!!!
Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
As you can see I did blue to one, white to the other. on the other side of the mounting plate is a simple bridge wire going directly from one pole to the other.

·
Registered
360 Posts
if you are using new connectors be shure to use the connectors with a hole not the spade. If you use a spade, it comes off and touches the frame you will have a harness meltdown.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Originally posted by Yosh:
if you are using new connectors be shure to use the connectors with a hole not the spade. If you use a spade, it comes off and touches the frame you will have a harness meltdown.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Sound advice. That must be why Dyna proves the round connectors and not the spade/fork-like connectors. It would suck to have a wire pull off and reduce a few hundred dollars to melted junk.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the info guys, fired up last night. finally the project is about done,--for now. transferred 162hp 1216 w/ 39mm keihins, usd front end, PM chicanes, fox shock, and 92 swingarm to my 86 1100, and put the 86 stuff on the 92, then sold the 92. cost of the mods? $450 good bang for the buck, wish the car was the same. thanks again guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts