Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got back from hwy 401.. back on a tow truck.. i'm a lil shaken up and sore right now so i'll post up the details later... here are some pics...

on the truck

everything thats fucked

BYE BYE bikey...........

·
Banned
952 Posts
sorry man. as much as i hate to see pics of crashed up bikes, its a good motivator to never let your guard down. that looks pretty bad. i hope you are insured. you and your bike get well soon.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Good thing that you are alright! What does the other side of the bike look like??

Better watch out bees....... It looks like God has a big ass can of raid aimed at the Yellow bikes this spring. I now know of six that have gone down in the last three months.

Hopefully the bike can bee fixed. If not...... grab all the shit you can off her before they take it away.

Rob

·
Registered
605 Posts
Srry yoshikuni , good thing you survived and that is what matters....can always get another
bike, looks like sliders would help prevent some damage. Get well soon bro.

·
420 King of the World
3,440 Posts
What happened?? Driver error or cager or just shitty luck? Glad yoou're ok, what kinda gear were you sporting??

·
Registered
166 Posts
Just glad to hear that your not messed up too bad.Like Rob said watch out for the rest of the hive out there.I did a little dance on the most slightest bit of sand this mornin,but was lucky enough to keep it up.Sorry to hear about the loss of your bike,but am glad to see that you are ok.

·
Registered
650 Posts
glad to hear you're ok above all. by the looks of it your fairings and rearsets took most of the impact so it doesnt look too bad to me. too bad u didnt have frame sliders :/ or perhaps they just broke off.. again above all u look better than expected especially with all that traffic on the dirty 401.

get well bro

and dont let yourself get down.. it happens to everyone.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Did you have a frame slider or did it get peeled off?
yeah... where's the frame sliders? and I don't think the bike is that bad for going down on a highway... doesn't look like anything got fucked except some leavers and the plastics.. easy fix! were you wearing gear?

·
Registered
213 Posts
i hope u feel alright but im sure the ego hurts like hell. this is a bad time of the year for riding with all the sand and dirt so lets all be careful as we can. im scared shitless of wiping out this is my first new bike and i want to keep it as long as possible. hope u get her goin soon.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Sorry to hear that, as everyone else has said though, glad to hear you're alright.
Looks worse than it is, new plastics, pegs and stator cover looks the worst of it.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Crashing sucks...

But player always has to get played... Sooner or later..

Get well bro! And you better not give it up after this little accident!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Did you have a frame slider or did it get peeled off?
yeah... where's the frame sliders? and I don't think the bike is that bad for going down on a highway... doesn't look like anything got fucked except some leavers and the plastics.. easy fix! were you wearing gear?
I gotta agree here. Sorry about your crash but it must be your first. It isnt the end of the world. Your lookin at under a grand to have it back on the road,easy. Really, all you need is a engine case cover and a shifter peg ( drill a hole and put a small bolt though it till you can get one) some oil and your back on the road. These bikes are designed to slide, they can take it pretty good. Get yourself together, make a list, start checking things off and by the time your healed your ready to ride again. Unless there is something I'm missing or your goin through insurance.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Better watch out bees....... It looks like God has a big ass can of raid aimed at the Yellow bikes this spring. I now know of six that have gone down in the last three months.

Rob
Aint that the truth. Amen, Brother BEE!!

yoshikuni :: Good to see your ok, what happened, and if you dont want to tell, thats ok with all the critics around here lately, No need to hear the "should have done this" "should have done that"

BTW, Ive left the Beehive, Im now in the Squid club.

LONG LIVE THE SQUIDS

·
Registered
505 Posts
Ouch... Oil sprayed everywhere makes it look 10 times worse. Clean it up and it prolly won't look near as bad...

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Damn that sucks man - where abouts on the 401 & I gotta ask how
BTW, as others have said - that didn't look so bad. Screw the plastics, clean it up and you should be somewhat OK. Grand or two MAX and it'll be all good unless you did some unseen frame damage or something.

Though, knowing how insurance is around here, if you DO claim, there goes your riding season (probably can't afford the new rate), and if you didn't but the cops still know - there goes your riding season anyways (again, high insurance rate).

Advise that I hope doesn't come too late - DO NOT CLAIM unless you know for sure you are 100% not at fault and it will not affect your insurance rates. To find out, call up other places and say you've got a not at fault accident on your record and see what they quote you compared to what you pay now.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts