Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Ladies!
Fall is here and winter will be creeping behind it. I'm a new rider, and I've heard there were certain things I would need to get for the bike for winter.. besides storing it away from the weather.. like a battery tender..
Any other suggestions? or what do you gals use?

Thanks in advance! :tongue:

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
There is a storage section in the owners manual for what Suzuki suggests. As for suggestions, depends on how long winter lasts where you are.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hi , not a Woman rider but to offer some advice .. if winter is going to keep you from riding a matter of months its good to add a required amount of Sta-bil http://www.goldeagle.com/brands/stabil/ and run the engine for a bit to get it through the system ( great for carb or fuel injection ) and get ya a battery maintainer ( not just a charger ) . Also if it hasnt been done in a while change the oil as it holds acids that slowly eat away at engine internals . Doing these several things will make your bike easier to start up next spring .

·
Registered
298 Posts
It has been a real hard harsh winter here , recovering from another storm . Looking towards the bike season , get in as much time as possible on my Gixxer .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts