Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How windy is too windy to ride? God knows I love a good blow :lol

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind, I didn't even like riding in these 17-20 mph winds. Sucks, sun finally comes out and it's warm, but now this damn wind....

·
Ditchard the High Maintenance Squirrel
60,366 Posts
It can be tricky but it usually doesn't bother me unless i do alot of interstate riding.

But then again, the mountains cut down on alot of the wind where i live.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I live in Brooklyn and just went riding today. It was fine when you're on local roads but when I jumped on the highway, it got a bit scary at times so I just went back home...

·
Ditchard the High Maintenance Squirrel
60,366 Posts
kan2boy2 said:
I jumped on the highway, it got a bit scary at times so I just went back home...

:scared

Whaaa, whaaa, whaaa...

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
i went out for a morning ride yesterday morning and i could feel the wind almost push me off balance. i would have to duck down as low as i could just to keep from getting toppled over. wasnt fun

·
Registered
91 Posts
Couldn't really say how windy is too windy....its what you are comfortable riding in (of course hurricane strength winds would be a little excessive :) ). The only time I get freaked is when I get a little toss towards another vehicle, not fun. Its good to have experience in bad conditions because you never know when you may have to ride through crappy weather.

·
fucked with Dark Dilly and lost
550 Posts
if its a constant wind it doesn't bother me too much all the way up to 35 mph or so...but when its 30mph gusting when ur on a highway....that sux....

living near the gulf coast there always seems to be wind comming outa the east...

·
Registered
187 Posts
We had a significant wind storm here yesterday (a big High pressure ridge with a serious cold front backfilling in a Low that was moving out).

I was teaching students to ride motorcycles in that wind. I had to shout to be heard over the wind. Oh well, at least it wasn't as bad as some wind storms where the cones actually get blown across the training area!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.