Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone took the windshield brace that the mirrors bolt through off? I like the way it looks without it but i cant mount the mirrors back on. The windshield also moves alot because of the wind. Does anyone know where i can find something to replace it with? Does the 99 have this?

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
you can get an aftermarket fairing stay without the mirror support....

i think jp233 has one on his 98 750......

so, you too good for mirrors???

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
i hear graves makes one but i havent seen it yet, im looking for one myself..if you fine one let me know. i hear they are about 200.00.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Harris racing have them. I think it replaces the brace and where gauges mount as a one peice item. The brace comes up from behind the gauges. And I think they are around AU$500.

Typhon

·
Registered
781 Posts
It just sits in the hole in the middle of top yoke bolt held in its place by the mirrors. Extremely simple but very very intelligent. Mirrors and brace actually hold eachother in place. I've got this kit with Ohlins damper in my loft. Will fit it one sunny weekend.

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Originally posted by raz_biker:
It just sits in the hole in the middle of top yoke bolt held in its place by the mirrors. Extremely simple but very very intelligent. Mirrors and brace actually hold eachother in place. I've got this kit with Ohlins damper in my loft. Will fit it one sunny weekend.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">how scan it jus sit in there???? the mounting bracket for the damper wouldnt be rock hard tight........

oh never mind,...........it goes above the damper and the stem bolt,,,,,,right???

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Harris brace - DROOL !!!!!

I want one - where can I get it

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
that harris brace is pointless...i thought the object was to do away with something around that area instead u make it come closer to your body..i dont like it persoanlly. i want something like how the newer gsxrs are..where the brace isnt really seen. plus that harris you cant use a top mount rotary dampener like the GPR or the scotts. anyone seen one like the factory 01-02 braces?

·
Registered
781 Posts

as you can see the the plastic part fits the stem at the bottom and they both slide in the hole in the top yoke bolt held in place by mirrors. This thing is surprisingly light. Should I spray mine mat black before fitting? It would go better with the colour scheme of my bike that way.

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
i really like it polished (mine is) and not much else of my bike is....it brings out the accents in the lil things i polished up (shift levers, preload adjusters, brake/clutch levers, etc....) jus lil things like that. Even if you paint it black, chances are you are gonna scratch it!! then it really looks bad!

scott

ps--my stomach turns when i se it suitting on the concrete like that.....doesnt that scratch the devil out of it???

[ 08-06-2002, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: eSeMeS750WX ]

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Dammit

I looked it up on the Harris website, they want under $100 for it, but then load it with another $80 in shipping

Anyone have one state-side, or do I have to stomach paying almost $200 for it ????

·
Registered
781 Posts
look around for it, I am sure there are Harris dealers in US. Ask people in Group Discount/For Sale forum (Scott or Partsman etc.) I think u should be able to find it over there quite easily. Noticed the sunshine? It was one of those rare sunny days in London yesterday

1 - 14 of 14 Posts