Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

Big ol newbie here, first post. I was wondering if anyone has raced out at Willow Springs in Rosamond, CA? I am currently stationed at Edwards AFB and am new to the track day life style. Their website is kind of hard to find information for track day requirements. This post is awesome for someone who had no idea what was needed for a successful track day! Thank you!

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Welcome to the site!

What you need to do in locate an organization that does track days there. They will have requirements for the group you will be riding in.

Generally beginner groups have the least amount of prep required, and the tech requirements increase as you get faster.

Here is one org that runs there: Motoyard.com

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Anthony!

That site is awesome! I have read somewhere (I think it was this site) about volunteering on the track? I assume you would recommend that?

When starting out in the beginner classes would I have to safety wire my bike?

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Again, it all depends on the organization. Some orgs don't require beginners to wire anything, other orgs it is anything that holds fluids (oil drain plug, fill cap, filter, rad cap, hose clamps, etc...), so I always suggest checking with the org first. You will more than likely need to swap out your coolant for distilled water and a water pump lubricant like Water Wetter.

And yes, I would definitely suggest volunteering to help out. Usually they just have you on corner worker duty, but that in itself is good experience.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I look forward to getting out there. Im currently deployed and can't wait to get back to start riding on the track!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts