Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,492 Posts
Aftermarket exhaust is a pretty common upgrade so I will say that it probably won't lower the value that much as long as you keep your bike in nice shape. Having said that, stock exhausts are getting increasingly difficult to find so if you can find one, you might as well snatch it up and put it away for safe keeping.

On the other hand, adding a bunch of mods probably will lower the value. Collectors usually want completely stock stuff and then any mods that are done will usually be done at thier hand and factory parts will be saved in order to put it back. The exception to that rule is someone that has a clean bike with mods but also has all of the parts to put back to stock, but in that case, the seller would be better off to put the bike back to stock and sell the extras separately.

The bike I had that was stolen had what most of us call "tasteful upgrades" but even so, I do not think they made my bike worth any more to a collector - maybe even less. The insurance companies are just a bunch of morons when it comes to this. When I had my bike appraised they wanted it done to effect a stock appearance and then they would give me an extra $1000 on top of the appraisal to compensate me for the "custom parts and equipment". The bottom line is that are screwing themselves in that situation because the bike is actually worth more that way. But who am I to argue? At any rate, we haven't settled yet so I don't even know what I am getting at this point.

·
3,486 Posts
10 years?...who cares, we could all be dead by then......take it for a ride and beat the crap out of it. It's a much better way to live;)

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
;) Yep thanks 4 all that Eric,i aprecate all u wrote:cheers
:rolleyes The guy that said,take it 4 a good ride,Well yes i think u may b right too,as year and bit back,i fell ill to DEPRISHION on bed 9 months or so:wtf bloddy nealy killed me,i went from 13 stone to 7,in that time i was 1600 KM away from my loved ones,GSXR + 120Y,yep its a DATO LOL:eek:hmy
But some ass holes cooked my car,Droped my bike,lucky it got droped at take off,all this cost me a lot of $$$ss to get things perfict,witch ill not axecpt unless all things spot on
Its my Nature:nono
:eek:fftopic Im doing a story on my ill ness,and poasting it on my web site , 4 the wold too see,this way persons may under this BETTER:punk
:crying I hope yous dont think less of me after saying this ??:confused
Safe weekend all,its carnivalle time here in Grafton:lol Catch u all soon:scratch

Attachments

·
3,486 Posts
Glad you could see things my way.....I was pretty drunk when I wrote it;)

Cool trees, have never seen them, but what's Droped??

:cheers

·
Premium Member
4,553 Posts
i agree with longav8er; a 100% stock bike is always worth more.

i think i am one of the few people who actually likes the stock 86-87 stock exhuast. i have a 91 750 stock exhuast on one of my 86 750's, but i prefer an 86 exhuast. the first generations are one-piece exhuast and and the 90-92's are two-piece exhuast. i ruined three stock 86 exhuasts in crashes.

anyhows, if you like the cyclone, then keep it and enjoy it. if you want it stock, then get a stock exhuast.

although i do not know the name of those trees, i remember them because there is a street in my hometown that has some. excellent thinking/planning.

·
3,486 Posts
When I was moving from Texas years ago mine ended up in the dumpster.....probably shouldn't have done that:sad, but at the time that part just seemed so heavy, bulky, and not Gsxr! I would never give up my duplex, but then I don't care about collecting........

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The trees r Jackarandars,
Droped is as in bike fell on its side
Sorry as u all no i cant spell
Hope this helps u get the understanding,im trying to help u with Qustions
that ive not spelt to crash hot :eek:hmy
Cheers:cheers

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
86gixxxer said:
i think i am one of the few people who actually likes the stock 86-87 stock exhaust.
... another fan of the stock exhaust checking in. :D

I'd agree with Eric. If you're concerned about the value in 10 years, try and pick up a stock exhaust and put it away for the future. Ride that bike and wear out the Cyclone. :D

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Robben said:
... another fan of the stock exhaust checking in. :D

I'd agree with Eric. If you're concerned about the value in 10 years, try and pick up a stock exhaust and put it away for the future. Ride that bike and wear out the Cyclone. :D
:biggrin Rob,ill try real hard to do what u said(where out the YOUSH ):crying

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.