Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

420 King of the World
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am wanting REAL BAD some PP tires for my 750. My deal is that I have only 2400 miles on my stockers and there is no NEED to change them. I just WANT to. My question is if I replace them now mid season, will they hold over the winter and be ready and fresh in April/May??? I dont wanna waste my stockers, then waste the Michelins, and then have to replace them in the spring anyways. I dont do any work on my bike myself ( I wear a shirt and tie at work, so leave me alone), so I have to pay for all mounting, and balancing, that adds up for every time I switch.
Whats up with using the PP's over the rest of this year into next????? Bear

Premium Member
as long as you change the summer air to winter air you should be okay...

just joking. yes, they will hold fine. i ride all year long, and have never had any problems with tires going bad over the winter.

420 King of the World
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ant I wasnt worried about the air holding, I was more worried about rot and cracking.

Premium Member
Put the bike up on stands front and rear... helps from getting flat spots if you dont use the bike for awhile.....

Chris

Premium Member
Ant I wasnt worried about the air holding, I was more worried about rot and cracking.
i know, i was joking. lighten up, man

Registered
( I wear a shirt and tie at work, so leave me alone),

i do all my work myself and i wear a suit to work. go get dirty meng

it should be fine though.. i ride till snow hits the floor.. and during longer hold ups i use a front and rear stand

420 King of the World
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hear ya Impakt, I am a pussy. I am too afraid of something going wrong. I changed out some brake calipers on my Firehawk. 3 weeks later the bolts backed out and almost took me out with them. Lesson learned. I make a good living, I pay people to take car of my toys. No more scary incidents for me.

420 King of the World
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I went ahead and ordered a set of Mich PP's for the bike. I got them nice and cheap from Heatwave. I will have them mounted and scrubbed by the Bear Mntn ride. I hope these are as great as everyone says.

Premium Member
Well I went ahead and ordered a set of Mich PP's for the bike. I got them nice and cheap from Heatwave. I will have them mounted and scrubbed by the Bear Mntn ride. I hope these are as great as everyone says.
they are excellent tires, you will not be dissappointed.

420 King of the World
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
(In my best Mr. Smithers voice)..... Excellent!!!

420 King of the World
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Damm I smoke too much. Burns Burns Burns's Suit loook Burns Suit.

420 King of the World
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dry as in dont ride in the rain? or my worries about t he dry rot over the winter????

1 - 14 of 14 Posts