Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my neighbor has an 07 gxsr 600... and i was over bullshitting with him and told him i got a buddy with an 06 looking for an exhaust,so i was checking out the jardine he has on his bike (which is pretty nice). Then he pulls out this Scorpion carbon fiber pipe from his shed and says he got it with the bike,but it wouldnt mount up.This thing is MINT. I owned an 04/05 so i dont know what the stock headers of an 06/07 look like, so i snagged this picture in hopes of getting an answer. Anyone with an 06/07 run this exhaust or can verify it will bolt up by seeing the picture? Thanks ahead of time!!

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
It will fit but your missing the midpipe. It is a great sounding exhaust on these bikes I have it on my 750 right now. Do the pair mod and you won't pop or backfire.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i took the SET crap out, unplugged pin(30 or 33 i think? forgot already) added a power commander, k&n intake filter = and it pops/blasts/shoots flames = but is an AMAZING EXHAUST.
Fixed that for you!

But...you didn't do the PAIR mod. Search Pair mod and what it does. Basically another emissions thing that you don't need. Do the PAIR mod and your popping will go away. I ran this exhaust without PC on my 600 with PAIR mod done and it ran like a champ no popping/flames. Now on my 750 it popped all day long until I got around to doing the mod. Mod's done, no more pops/flames.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Fixed that for you!

But...you didn't do the PAIR mod. Search Pair mod and what it does. Basically another emissions thing that you don't need. Do the PAIR mod and your popping will go away. I ran this exhaust without PC on my 600 with PAIR mod done and it ran like a champ no popping/flames. Now on my 750 it popped all day long until I got around to doing the mod. Mod's done, no more pops/flames.
yes your 100% right, my bad :) i meant the SET butter fly thing lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
All good man. Stick a marble in the hose or cover the inlet with duct tape and put the hose back on and you are good to go.

OP, I just double checked just to make sure and from the picture you provided you are indeed missing the small little mid pipe that bends and connects into the headers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm attrempting to put that same exhaust on my 08 600 track bike with the 06/07header.

But, since I have a Penske shock on it with 7mm of shims and a ride height of
327mm, the mounting bracket on the Scorpion hits the dog bones/shock linkage.

So I've got to make a new bracket or find a new mounting point for the bracket.

Point is, if you're putting this pipe on a track bike with an aftermarket shock and adjusted ride height, it may not work for you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
6 Participants
gapman789
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing