Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed my right side fork leaking today (beautiful weather today 63 degrees Chi-town). I still have a couple of months left on warranty and I want to know if Suzuki will cover it or will I have to come out of pocket. I'm pretty sure it happened today I remember hitting a friggn' big ass pot hole on Halsted St. (Damn city streets) couldn't avoid it luckly it didn't toss me off my girl. She bottomed out pretty friggn' hard (not paying attention) and I just wanted to know if they'll cover it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
most dealers will .. I do at ours all the time.. you might not want to tell them about the big pothole tho..

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
check carefully to see if you also bent your rim hitting the pothole. I would expect your rim to be bent if the pothole caused your eal to break

·
Registered
298 Posts
Mine was covered and I had about 7 days left. I actually took the fork off the bike and took it to them. It was a good thing too, because they scratched up the top of the fork. Not a big deal, but I wasn't going to give them the same opportunity to scratch up the rest of the bike.

As was said above, keep the pothole thing on the hush, hush. Also, check both rims for damage.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the heads up guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts