Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,422 Posts
Crank it for 10 seconds. If there's an issue with the CKP or CMP sensors, it should code. If there's an issue with the TOS, it should code.

Grounding to the throttle body is probably not a good spark test. The throttle body is mounted to the engine with rubber..... You'd be better off to dribble a few (and I mean a few) drops of fuel into each intake and crank it. If there's spark it'll fire the cylinder at least once.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Have found chopped up versions online but it seems that my year is for some reason hard to find online and I might just have to bite the bullet despite the financial lacking right now. Going to purchase a crank sensor then after that I'm going to be extremely confused. The only thing that makes sense right now is the CPS. All of the spark blocking sensors are either fine, new or bypassed. So if the CPS doesn't work it's gotta be something like timing or possibly bad wire connections etc. Still not giving up hope. Just want to ride on these nice days we have had. Really getting bummed out but still motivated.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Have you found a copy of the manual?
Should verify the tip sensor is indeed good.
Should also check the ECU voltages, and the coil voltages.
The stator only affects the charging system, not the ignition circuits, BTW.
Problem solved. Turns out it was indeed the stator. Bump started the bike down my driveway to bypass the battery. set the idle and let it charge up and it runs like a dream. Battery was too low from testing to provide spark. But now that it's all juiced up it's great. I'm so terrible at this forum stuff I replied to the same reply twice thinking it was new lol, so apologies.

Hopefully this thread helps someone.

Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it. And thanks for the doubting as well lol, it motivated me big time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Crank it for 10 seconds. If there's an issue with the CKP or CMP sensors, it should code. If there's an issue with the TOS, it should code.

Grounding to the throttle body is probably not a good spark test. The throttle body is mounted to the engine with rubber..... You'd be better off to dribble a few (and I mean a few) drops of fuel into each intake and crank it. If there's spark it'll fire the cylinder at least once.
Side note geek I totally thought of that after I did it like 10 times and felt like an idiot. I found a different spot and got no results but the dead battery didn't help lol

21 - 24 of 24 Posts