Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im taking my 92 gsxr to florida for bike week and will be taking it to the keys , what i need to know is do i need to do any thing difforent for the heat ? i live in N.H. and it dosent get that hot here . any responce would be grate . thanks.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
If it gets hot... RIDE FASTER! You should not have to much trouble unless its over 95deg in Stop and Go traffic. I would change the oil before going to a lighter weight.
Bones

·
Registered
389 Posts
Is the bike stock? If it has a built motor it will run hot.
Use synthetic oil Ive found moble 1 mc oil 10w40 to run alittle cooler in oil cooled bikes .
You could also hook up a fan Radio shack sells 12v fans that fit on the screens of your plastic.
You can have them wired to a switch to pull air throu the radiator in traffic.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I've got the same bike and i live in Florida. If your driving, your ok. If you get stuck in some serious traffic (three green lights and you still haven't made it through) then it may over heat. I only had it happen once. coming back from the beach. I have an oil temp gauge so I know when it's coming and I'll by-pass traffic if I have to to keep the air flowing through the cooler.

I've thought about a fan but it seems like a lot of work for the off chance you might get stuck in traffic. If you get stuck and the bike starts getting too hot pull off to the side for 15 minutes and it should be cool enough to start riding again

·
Registered
763 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jkday:
Im taking my 92 gsxr to florida for bike week and will be taking it to the keys , what i need to know is do i need to do any thing difforent for the heat ? i live in N.H. and it dosent get that hot here . any responce would be grate . thanks.<hr></blockquote>

Jay,

I live in Jacksonville, Florida and I am about 70 miles north of Daytona all year round. I moved here from W. Virginia and did not do anything to my 1988 GSXR 750 at all as far as prep for the heat and I have been here since 1996. You should be fine...

I do agree to go to the Synthetic Oil in the bike for a cooler, run, plus, it is added protection for the internals.

Later, and maybe see you there... Trying to get mine back together before then....

JDB1371

Tricked Out - 1988 GSXR 7/13

[ 02-21-2002: Message edited by: J.D. ]</p>

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Hot ! you are so lucky...........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts