Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I know it can damage forks. But besides that can it damage other components? so I can know wether to stop doing them or not.

·
That’s Mister Moderator To You ....
8,459 Posts
Throttle wheelies and clutch wheelies are the same in some respects: No problem if you stick smooth landings. Rough landings in either case are very hard on the forks and steering head, sometimes leading to cracked frames in extreme cases. The K5-6 1000s had a recall since so many stunters were actually causing cracked frames that Suzuki issued a recall to have a frame-brace installed.

If using the clutch to pop the front up, all of the above applies, plus rider skill (or lack thereof) will determine how much abuse the clutch endures.

If these answers aren't self-evident, I'm guessing you're probably beating the crap out of your bike. When I do either wheelie scenario, I've never had any problems at any point in my life..... maybe the occasional 'oops' with a landing that's a little rougher than usual. I've never needed to slip my clutch more than a little to pop-up the front. But I know how to ride.

Just practice your yut-ugggghs.

·
Premium Member
5,779 Posts
it causes premature wear obviously, on all sorts of items, clutch, oil, crank bearing, rod bearings, tranny, CHAIN, tires, fork valves, springs, oil, seals, bushings, yup

everyone says they set er down gentle, BULLSHIT! there is always a car or another rider pulling in front and you have to slam it down, or just a fubar..

obviously if you rear brake wheelie then you wear that premature

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Sit that thing on the back wheel and click up another gear. All power to you !
(keep your right foot over the brake) 🤣🤣🤣

1 - 13 of 13 Posts