Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
it prolly will handle the same i got a 190 on my k4 600 i didnt notice a difference

·
Banned
952 Posts
the 190 will have a slower turn-in. why not just stick with what the bike was designed for? if you want a fat tire, get a freakin chopper.

·
Registered
91 Posts
the 190 will have a slower turn-in. why not just stick with what the bike was designed for? if you want a fat tire, get a freakin chopper.
i heard that 2 and what im running is a dunlop 208 i think its a 190-50... but its bald so im goin back to a 180-55 tomorrow once the tire machine arrives

·
Registered
530 Posts
well I got my 04 750 brand spankin new. Came with a 180. Then I got a nail in the tire so I replaced it. Those fukers came back and stuck a 190 on there and I didnt realize it at first. So I was at the beach chillin at Wet Willies when I started talkin to some kid about the tires and I found out then that they put that tire on there. I couldnt take the tire back. But I did notice the tire was not as responsive after the fact. I guess it was in my head. But I would stick to the 180.....leave the 190 for 1000 and up. Unless you stretched the bike out. Then ! !!! you go to 190 since you lose alil handle anyway. Oh yeah and dont go dunlop........please...

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
You can run a 190 but your best off if you change the rim.
The OEM rim is designed to hold a 180 and using a 190 changes the sidwall profile of the tire thus inhibiting it's design characteristics. Possibly unsafe but unlikely so.
Just go with a 180

·
Registered
91 Posts
yeah i swapped the tire today back to 180 cant wait to go out and try some corners!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts