Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Has been Texan longer than the cheerleader
26,430 Posts
bummer, what happened to the head?
It had some nice port work done to it too......
I have one of the spare Yoshimura ported heads that originated from the guy that owned your bike prior to the guy you got it from.

To answer your question though, the 1100 head has different valve spacing than the 750 so you would have to modify the piston valve pockets to work with the 1100 head. You would also have to use the 1100 cams as well.

·
Registered
7,886 Posts
Poor Vanilla has had nothing but setbacks since he got invovled in this project he dropped out for a while buts back in the garage again to sort shit out. Motorcycle shop wanted to rape him around $800.00 for some valve guides
He saw a 1100 head on e-bay that's why he was wonderin if she would work on his 907 motor. Dan you got a spare head for Derrek for sale?
Bobbychet

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
unfortunately all of the exhaust valve guides are leaking and are dumping oil. The shop quoted me $780 for new ones and that is just too steep for me. You are right though, the head has beautiful port work done on it. Unless I can find someone to do it for cheaper, I am stuck looking for a new head. Guess I will just wait for a 750 head to pop up on ebay. Perhapa another riding season lost. This sucks.

·
Has been Texan longer than the cheerleader
26,430 Posts
Poor Vanilla has had nothing but setbacks since he got invovled in this project he dropped out for a while buts back in the garage again to sort shit out. Dan you got a spare head for Derrek for sale?
Bobbychet
Yeah I did notice that Vanilla hasn't been posting much..... Unfortunatly I do not have a spare 750 head laying around.

unfortunately all of the exhaust valve guides are leaking and are dumping oil. The shop quoted me $780 for new ones and that is just too steep for me. You are right though, the head has beautiful port work done on it. Unless I can find someone to do it for cheaper, I am stuck looking for a new head. Guess I will just wait for a 750 head to pop up on ebay. Perhapa another riding season lost. This sucks.

I think I would call around and see if I couldn't find someone to do the work cheaper before I shelved the head. Maybe Dwayne at Cycle Concepts....... I use Sabin Performance here in Dallas, if you want I can see what he would charge.

I will give you this advice though, maybe it will save you the frustration that I have gone through with my 907....... Be very weary of any head you get from Ebay or through a salvage yard!!! I used a very clean looking 750 head on my 907 that I picked up from a salvage yard and it ended up having a valve stick open on me. It cost me over a grand to fix that screw up and I'm still not riding that bike yet!
If you do get one from Ebay or a salvage yard, pay someone to look it over really really really good before you install it!!!

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Come on someone oput there must know/
Gixxerracer317?
Fastcat?
BonesGSXR?
BCJohn?
I wish....I'm dumber than shit when it comes to 750/1100 parts exchange. Reading these kinds of threads serve as my edu-mu-kashun

Good luck....that quote for the guide fix sure seems high...is it just me/??

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
it is just sitting in a engine crate.
waiting for someone to need some of its input on their bike
but it is an oil cooler......
oh its in exellent shape btw

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.