Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my exhaust servo on my 2000 750 and the only ones I see on Ebay are for 1000's. Will the 2001-2002 1000 servos fit my bike. Any helpo is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Lean I just asked you a question on another thread about the stator and charger. I have pulled this very same servo off of my throttle body on the right hand side as it broke the cable for the throttle bodies. Are the servos different and also in different places for the two bikes? They look just alike./

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
sorry craig... I actually started thinking that's what you meant after I posted - but I figured I'd just wait for you to clarify.

it's the exact same servo - but on the 750s, it's used to control your secondary butterfly valves, not the exhaust (as I'm sure you're aware, bro).

so yes - it will work.

did yours go bad?

·
He Who Touches Himself
6,620 Posts
I thought he was tlaking about the exhaust valve too...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah Lean. Mine went bad and broke the cable. The manual recommends pulling the whole throttle body to replace it. Is there another way around it? This is the least of my worries. i want the bike to start consistently. The servo is secondary. I will pick one up on ebay. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
whoa... craig... hold up bro. don't replace the unit just yet!!!!!

on the 2000s, the cables easily fray and break. later models (and all subsequent replacement cables) incorporate plastic sheaths that prevent this.

If the servo still turns when you go through your startup procedure - it's more than likely just fine. It will throw an fI error, but just the cable alone (or even the adjustment of perfectly good cables) can & will cause that.

replace the cables, (new units will be sheathed), adjust them properly, and then if you still need another actuator, get it. but I doubt you will

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info. I ran a test on it when I pulled it. It was a while ago but I remember that it would only go in one direction and not reverse itself. Its supppsed to open the valves and reverse to position them for optimal flow right? Plus it made a very loud clicking noise which tells me somethings not right with it. I opened it and couldnt get to the side the gears are on. I thought it would be safer to replace the whole unit so I didnt have to worry. I have had the new cables, just havent bothered to look for the servo till now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.