Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello- I am wondering if a transmission out of a 1200 bandit will fit in a 1127 motor without too much trouble?. I am looking for a replacement tranny for my project 7/11. You can post a reply or e-mail at [email protected] Thanks a bunch..

·
Streetfighting Monster
1,216 Posts
yes and no.

cog for cog - yes , you can strip all the gears off the B12 shafts and transfer them to your 1127 shafts no problem .

the whole lot will drop straight in , but there are two concerns. First , the B12 input shaft is of a shorter length , so once you've fitted your 1127 clutch , you may not have enough threads on the shaft to secure the 1127 clutch hub. If this is the case , there are 2 ways around it. 1st - fit the bandit clutch assy ( NOT recommended - it's half the size and pretty crappy ) or 2nd - convert the clutch to the earlier and much beefier coil spring unit as found on the 1052 gixxers. - full details of this conversion can be found HERE

the second concern , is that the B12 uses a 'double row' bearing on the output shaft. The late GSXR1127 M & N models used the same bearing - so if you have one of these there wont be a problem. The 1127 K & L models didnt , it may still fit ok - but as i've never tried , i cant say for sure that it's a direct swap.

I hope this info helps dude

Lee

·
Streetfighting Monster
1,216 Posts
you cant use a 750 clutch - the primary gear on the basket is different and wont match the crank.

besides - it's much smaller - like the B12 , so it'd be a retrograde step anyways.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a bunch Lee! I will probably just strip all the gears off and swap them onto the 1127 shafts. I will get the old girl running again!! THAT helps out a bunch. Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts