Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the top half of my motor is trashed I am just curious if an 1100 cylinders, head will work on an 750 bottom end. The bottom half is an 86. If not would it be worth it to get the cylinders and have them sleeved down to a 905 if possible?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
as far as I know you need to have the same generation motor parts, i.e. 86 to 86 and so on , I personally wpuldn't go for the down sizing of the 1100 cylinders, leave the stock, but look into after market pistons of the same size, have your con rods shot peened or go with carrillo, you will need bigger carbs than what came stock, I have a set of 36mm for sale, the motor you could build would be fun and with a 6spd too

-Karl

·
Registered
434 Posts
not certian but would think you would have to machine the crankcases for piston clearance in either case you would probably have to rebalance the crank for the diff pistons.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
no!!!! none of that will work..you can't put 1052 block/piston or head onto a 86/87 750 bottom end..the wrist pins in the 1100 are bigger than the ones in the 750...you would have to use 1100 rods and they would never work because the rod journals are bigger for the 1100 than the 750..those are just a few examples of why it won't work...

·
Registered
15 Posts
You can build a mutt. You have to have certain years. You will need a 1988 bottom case and transmission and put a 1986 1052 crank and top end. Its a bolt together as long as you use a 1988 1100 clutch basket. Number 3 rod will need a little clearence in the case. ( only a tiny dremel work TINY) I have one set up with a turbo and its a 6 speed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts