Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking around for some info about wich year 750SRAD is the best one to buy. I've heard that the older SRAD's had some problems? and off course the injection vs. carburator advantages/disadvantages?
I have a GixxeR 750 '93 at the moment, is the SRAD more powerfull, better handling, etc.etc.??

ErGoDyNe

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
my last gxsr b4 my 1999 was a oiler from 1992. The difference in power and handling is UNVELIEVABLE. My 92 had almost 3000 into the motor and was slower than the stock 99srad. No joke here bro.....i prefer the 99 for the graphics, the 6.0 rear rim (looks only of course...), and mostly the fuel injection. Other improvements include: a steering dampner which is good for a door stop, (or back-scratcher), and the ever present choke lever which is not a choke lever; imena it is but its not goin to a choke..........
Opinions will differ, but it was the last year for that design, so i kinda figure they ironed out most of the bugs (except 4 the cam chain tensioner)

im pretty sure all of em benefit from the manual CCT though...

Happy hunting

[ 06-10-2002, 09:34 AM: Message edited by: eSeMeS750WX ]

·
Registered
645 Posts
yeah, I'd have to agree for the most part. The 96-97 SRADS are carbed and are highly tuneable, although all SRADS are. The 96/97's are no different really other than the 39mm carbs, slightly smaller airbox, and color scheme. I have heard the 98/99 model has a larger airbox by 500cc's and 41mm throttle bodies, and some other thing I can't remember... but stock on stock comparisons are that the FI 98/99's are barely faster. I can't tell the difference really. Carbs always have some little issue with flat spots sometimes depending on how they're adjusted, and 89/99's are glitchy on throttle. I've ridden both. I can attest for that. Although I hear that can be corrected by a reprogram too. So if you do a lot of homework... it comes down to color, and carbs or FI? The SRAD in general though handles all too well, and have torque and power for days. Beautiful bikes!

·
Registered
806 Posts
The 99 had most of the bugs worked out and (I personally think) is the best year to have. The 96-97 had more hp than the older gixxers and on average the 98-99 have more hp than the 96-97 because of the FI system

[ 06-10-2002, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: Gixerman1000 ]

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
i like the colors on the 99 the best.if i were to get one it would be a 99..yeh i know i have a 98...the only prob i know of is that the 99 had the cam chain tensioner problem , the 98 didnt...
i dont think you can go wrong either way,

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your comments!
The point is that the SRAD's overhere with injection cost a lot more then the ones without...Are there also any specific SRAD-things/problems I'll have to look out for??

ErGoDyNe

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! I think it's time to go hunting.....

ErGoDyNe

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
the only notable problem that srad are notorious for is the cam chain tensioner...99 had the recall and i think 97..not the 98.though..although i hear there crap too..i replaced mine....the 98 did have a recall for something with the gas tank..again i dont recall the specifics.. be wary the bikes are very noisy engine wise..dont let it scare u too much...mine sounds like a damn stop watch..

[ 06-10-2002, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: psycho750R ]

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
IM pretty sure all the srad model (96-99) were recalled at least once if not twice and definatley NEED to have the CCT replaced - of couse the obvious choice is the manual one (A.P.E. for 40 beans). my 99 was recalled and replaced with the junk auto adjuster b4 i gotta hold of her!!

scott

[ 06-10-2002, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: eSeMeS750WX ]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts