Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know why the walls in the GixxerGirls forum oozes testosterone? This should be a place for ladies to communicate with other ladies about well, anything pertaining to or concerning us! Yet it seems that the male/female ratio is like 80 to 1. I know this room tends to be slow but maybe that is why it's slow. I rarely come here anymore 'cause what's the point? You ask the ladies for advice and get 50 replies from guys.

Here is one of the most recent cases: http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231287 She asks what we GIRLS are riding and instead gets flamed for her personal choice of whether or not to wear gear by a bunch of over-opinionated guys. I personally find this tasteless and wrong. I'll get flamed for this post but I just don't care anymore.

Every forum I belong to has a ladies area but are overrun by guys. It doesn't matter what the rules are, if it's not moderated 24/7 it's just useless. Surprisingly, most of these rooms are near dead as well except for the 100 guys that is because the ladies just gave up. This is one area where women should be able to post without the over-inflated egos of the boys.

Even guys who ask for the ladies advice will get an ear full of guys opinions on the subject. Ask "What helmets are you other girls sporting?" and guys will tell you what they are wearing, like anyone cares or asked.

So boys, have at it. Tell me how wrong I am and why guys shouldn't be excluded from GIXXERGIRLS. Flame me for having an opinion and worse yet, expressing it, especially here in the GIXXERGIRLS forum.

Samantha

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Probably because the admins are allowing us to respect the rules (which we're abusing), rather than setting up the forum to allow only female users. We probably should be banned from the girls section, or it will more than likely keep happening. TBH, I do think you have a good point.

How about making every user put male/female in their profiles, and allowing access to the girls area automatically based on the profile setting? Just a suggestion...

Personally I just click "new posts" at the top, and if a thread title comes up that I'm interested in, I'll go to it, whatever section it's in. I dare say that this is what most people are doing.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
I would like to know why the walls in the GixxerGirls forum oozes testosterone? This should be a place for ladies to communicate with other ladies about well, anything pertaining to or concerning us! Yet it seems that the male/female ratio is like 80 to 1. I know this room tends to be slow but maybe that is why it's slow. I rarely come here anymore 'cause what's the point? You ask the ladies for advice and get 50 replies from guys.

Here is one of the most recent cases: http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231287 She asks what we GIRLS are riding and instead gets flamed for her personal choice of whether or not to wear gear by a bunch of over-opinionated guys. I personally find this tasteless and wrong. I'll get flamed for this post but I just don't care anymore.

Every forum I belong to has a ladies area but are overrun by guys. It doesn't matter what the rules are, if it's not moderated 24/7 it's just useless. Surprisingly, most of these rooms are near dead as well except for the 100 guys that is because the ladies just gave up. This is one area where women should be able to post without the over-inflated egos of the boys.

Even guys who ask for the ladies advice will get an ear full of guys opinions on the subject. Ask "What helmets are you other girls sporting?" and guys will tell you what they are wearing, like anyone cares or asked.

So boys, have at it. Tell me how wrong I am and why guys shouldn't be excluded from GIXXERGIRLS. Flame me for having an opinion and worse yet, expressing it, especially here in the GIXXERGIRLS forum.

Samantha
There were plenty of girls telling her she should wear gear. Plus, what really happened is she went and started another thread in the general forum, people started searching her posts, and they linked back.

I'm not saying the guys don't tend to post useless shit in girl threads sometimes, but I think this case doesn't really count- the poster in question both wanted, created and furthered all the "flaming".

·
Rump Ryder PermaSquid
363 Posts
Good point Samantha, and I totally agree with you us guys should not be in your part of the forum, but like BREAKZ said I click on new posts and goto the post if I am interested in it, I really do not read what section it is in, but if the moderators change the girls section to only allow girls then problem solved. Hey moderators fix this issue!!

·
Banned
240 Posts

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
Bans will be handed out, without warning if you fuckers dont stop the bullshit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.