Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up a used 2006 GSXR 600 a few weeks ago and have put a couple hundred miles on it but it always seemed like it didn't want to idle very smoothly since the day I brought it home. I checked the air filter and it looked ok so I thought I would change the oil and see if that helped anything. If anything at least I could upgrade the bike to synthetic.

So I drain out the oil and it was extremely dark and even after waiting for quite a while, it was still coming out. I decided to go ahead and flush it to make sure all the bad stuff got out. I hooked up the hose and ran water through it, started it up and was waiting for the water to come out clean. I figured as long as the engine never goes above idle this would be ok). A few minutes into this, the engine starts shaking and shuts off. Figured it was all cleaned out so I added the oil and figured it was ready to go. The bike won't start now. Dunno what's up, it has brand new fresh oil in it, battery is fully charged.

I should have never bought this stupid bike, it's been nothing but trouble for me :(

·
Semen...... Mmmmmmm
29 Posts
I had this same problem a while back!.. Did the same thing. Never did figure out the issue. Found a motor for cheap on Ebay, and just did the swap. This ones oil is also getting pretty dirty, might clean it out as well.

·
Banned
23,398 Posts
I find they run better with no oil or water in them.
Less friction via viscous drag.
I sometimes add a dry lubricant to the engine like graphite or dri-slide.

·
Nittany Lion
4,277 Posts
Maybe you need to fill the gas tank with water too ? You know, to flush it out as well. Maybe it has some old gas in it ? Not allowing the bike to start. :dunno

1,931 Posts
dude, you flush the coolant! Coolant can be flushed with water, not the oil.

Anyway, at what rpm did you idle previously when warm? Have the plugs ever been replaced or checked?

·
Nittany Lion
4,277 Posts
dude, you flush the coolant! Coolant can be flushed with water, not the oil.

Anyway, at what rpm did you idle previously when warm? Have the plugs ever been replaced or checked?
I'm no MotoGp bike mechanic by any means. But, I think it would be safe to bet. The plugs would be a far reach as to what his problem is.

1,931 Posts
I'm no MotoGp bike mechanic by any means. But, I think it would be safe to bet. The plugs would be a far reach as to what his problem is.
you might be right but he has to start somewhere. he said his bike would idle rough, so i assumed maybe its a misfire, or his idle speed was set very low. Im no bike mechanic either, but ive learned plenty from my car (being a project) and a lot of issues are caused by not having it properly maintained, especially when you buy something used (like in OP's case). And a bad plug can cause a misfire, causing it to "feel" rough at a certain rpm.

in other words, im just trynna get some more info before he buys something he might not need :cheers

·
Nittany Lion
4,277 Posts
you might be right but he has to start somewhere. he said his bike would idle rough, so i assumed maybe its a misfire, or his idle speed was set very low. Im no bike mechanic either, but ive learned plenty from my car (being a project) and a lot of issues are caused by not having it properly maintained, especially when you buy something used (like in OP's case). And a bad plug can cause a misfire, causing it to "feel" rough at a certain rpm.

in other words, im just trynna get some more info before he buys something he might not need :cheers
He's a troll. No one is stupid enough to flush their crankcase with water. I understand to never under estimate the stupidity of mankind. But, no one is that stupid. Not the stupidest of people. Just another " Nos " wannabe.

1,931 Posts
He's a troll. No one is stupid enough to flush their crankcase with water. I understand to never under estimate the stupidity of mankind. But, no one is that stupid. Not the stupidest of people.
:suicide now i feel stupid

1 - 12 of 12 Posts