Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Saturday I wanted to go for my first long ride after the bike was at the workshop for carb cleaning, balancing and tuning.
I was taking it easy and the bike started to splutter.
No problem, just switch to reserve. Damn the fuel line is in the way,
again no problem just push it aside. Wrong, in doing that the fuel line was pulled off the carb because it was not put on correctly.
There was fucking petrol everywhere. Now anyone who knows an 86 1100 will know that to put the fuel line back on is major surgery. It took me almost an hour just to get it on again without removing the carbs and of course I did not have the right tools with me to remove the carbs which would have made my life a lot easier. I also found that the snorkels to the air box were not put on properly either and that they were sucking air. And to top it all of it started to fuck rain.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Originally posted by Aksman:
Last Saturday I wanted to go for my first long ride after the bike was at the workshop for carb cleaning, balancing and tuning.
I was taking it easy and the bike started to splutter.
No problem, just switch to reserve. Damn the fuel line is in the way,
again no problem just push it aside. Wrong, in doing that the fuel line was pulled off the carb because it was not put on correctly.
There was fucking petrol everywhere. Now anyone who knows an 86 1100 will know that to put the fuel line back on is major surgery. It took me almost an hour just to get it on again without removing the carbs and of course I did not have the right tools with me to remove the carbs which would have made my life a lot easier. I also found that the snorkels to the air box were not put on properly either and that they were sucking air. And to top it all of it started to fuck rain.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">...and just imagine... people actually ask me why I don't just let the bike shop do my oil-changes...

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey I would have done the stuff myself but I live in an apartment and don't have a garage.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Hey I would have done the stuff myself but I live in an apartment and don't have a garage.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah, I feel your pain, me too... but I figure it's easier to do it in the parking lot than on the side of the road somewhere.

·
Registered
553 Posts
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That's way kitchens and kitchen tables are made for....LOL

Just kidding, it sucks to rely on someone you don't really want to because you don't have a choice..!!

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Believe it or not but to do an oil change on the side of the road or in a parking lot is illegal in Krautland. I used to live in South Africa and did all the repairs and maintenance myself. God I miss those days.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Believe it or not but to do an oil change on the side of the road or in a parking lot is illegal in Krautland. I used to live in South Africa and did all the repairs and maintenance myself. God I miss those days.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That's insane... I use a catch-pan and I rarely spill a drop. My neighbor's car *leaks* more oil in one night than I spill in three oil-changes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts