Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello folks,
Am looking for the answer on what caused the loss of 6 hp in a 94 wr 750 when compared to 93 750 ?
and what needs to be done to get that lost hp back ? Any light on this is much appreciated

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
hello folks,
Am looking for the answer on what caused the loss of 6 hp in a 94 wr 750 when compared to 93 750 ?
and what needs to be done to get that lost hp back ? Any light on this is much appreciated
Okay, this maybe a silly question but did you measure them on the same rolling road in the same gear, same airflow etc? I'd post the dyno charts here for someone who knows about tuning to review.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
hello folks,
Very broad,non-detailed question you posted.
-Are you asking about your specific bike compared against another?
-Are you comparing dyno charts from a magazine article?
-Mods on the bikes in question?
-Which fuel was used in both bikes
-Mileage on both bikes
-Where the two bikes dynoed back to back on the same day?
-etc,etc,etc

You must be much more specific with your question please....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
am talking about the power down in 94 GSXR 750 from factory when compared to 93 GSXR 750,
below are the details the link from where i had got the information

1994 Suzuki GSX-R750WR
A complete engine, gearbox and chassis redesign came with the 1994 Suzuki GSX-R750 including improved engine internals, revised gears and blue annodized inverted front forks, stainless steel header pipes, six-piston brakes and and ultawide 180/55ZR17 rear tire. These changes did come at a pro and con though; reduced power and weight on last years model (weight was down 9kg to 199 kg, 112 hp at 10,500 rpm.)

1992 to 1995 - 4th Generation Suzuki GSX-R750: Water-cooled engine

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Gotcha. I can't answer that

·
Likes to race old junk.
1,619 Posts
I wouldn't trust an on-line site like that for info, they are often full of errors detailing each model's specifications.

You will need to do more research.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts

·
Calamari
306 Posts
O/p, this doesn't answer your original question, but here goes. I have an '95 model and I am in the processes of doing some winter maintenance and upgrades. I am gaining "free" horsepower as the old saying goes by removing excess weight, i.e. front fender inner steel bracket, rear pegs and left rear mount, etc... By removing excess weight I am changing the power to weight ratio, thus "free" horsepower. Learned it as a teenager. After removing excess weight, the next step is increasing the engines horsepower which is not free. As others have stated above, I don't trust online hp ratings. Too many variables involved.

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
There was definitely some changes in the cases. Everything fit between the two years but there were differences. As per HP I always felt my 94 was faster around the track than the 92-93's but perhaps that was setup more than anything else.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
There was definitely some changes in the cases. Everything fit between the two years but there were differences. As per HP I always felt my 94 was faster around the track than the 92-93's but perhaps that was setup more than anything else.
Maybe it was the 22 lb difference between the 93 and 94 or you had one of those SP editions.

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Maybe it was the 22 lb difference between the 93 and 94 or you had one of those SP editions.
Perhaps that was part of the reason but we were in full race trim. Race glass, all extras removed, stock exhaust off, rear shock, the normal stuff. Mine was not a sp. The banana swing arm was heavy. I think the frame on the 94 was upgraded as well. That was a long time ago. I've forgotten more than I can remember.

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
And we all also know that Wt., has nothing to do with HP #'s on a dyno
In real time it does, however shaving a few #'s won't anything really.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts