Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man i've been doing some looking for full race systems for a 88-92 GSXR 1100 and am not having a whole lot of luck??? I'm just shopping right now to see whats out there but it seems like everyone has discontinued making pipes for these old bikes? I got a '91 750 that i plan on dropping my '91 1216cc drag race motor into (approx 180 RWHP) and I'm trying to find a real big diameter pipe and am having no luck finding ANY pipe let alone something that will flow good on this motor. D&D still makes them, and Yosh has some on their discontinuing and close out page, other than that i can find nothing. Anyone have any insight into who still makes pipes for these motors?????
Thanks!

·
Registered
461 Posts
try Hindle.
my stainless full system and 20" Titanium can weigh 8lbs total, and hindles make awsome power(comparable to akra, for half the price).

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Akrapovic makes Sport Production pipes for 88-92 GSXR1100's:

http://www.akrapovic-exhaust.com/main/catalog/products-catalog.htm

Except for drag racing and minisprints, its not really economical for these guys to make race systems for bikes not currently on the circuits, save in club racing or vintage. At least with Akropovic, you'll get an excellent system, which IMHO ain't what you'll find with V&H!!!

Good luck - burn that search engine!!

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Yeah, Hindle be good! ...but I couldn't get Lang Hindle's home site to boot, so couldn't check the current oiler availability.

Yeah, Akro is nice, but you do pay too much for the name, or at least the middlemen make you do it. I really only suggest it as a method of last resort - good product if you can stomach the $$$$!

·
Registered
59 Posts
My Muzzy's is a full race system. Straight pipe all the way with baffle around the outside of the silencer. It's kinda loud, but it's deep and throaty. Everyone knows a big bike is coming.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Originally posted by bcjohn:
Yeah, Hindle be good! ...but I couldn't get Lang Hindle's home site to boot, so couldn't check the current oiler availability.

Yeah, Akro is nice, but you do pay too much for the name, or at least the middlemen make you do it. I really only suggest it as a method of last resort - good product if you can stomach the $$$$!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">send email to [email protected] ...I asked about pipes for oilers earlier this year and they told me they are still making them. I haven't found any distributors that list them, but someone at Hindle's shop ought to be able to hook you up.

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info, Akro is a little more than i want to spend. I run V&H PCO, and pro-stock pipes right now on my bikes, however since V&H has been sold i have wondered what will happen with the quality? At least V&H is affordable! Hindle looks prety good also, anyone have an idea of their head pipe diameters? I looked at Muzzys before and they showed no listing anymore for oil coolers?

·
Registered
268 Posts
my head pipe diameter is just stock .. but I am right around the corner from NRC the people who build the mean gixxer race bikes in the day of old... I can actually talk to the Owner Larry and see what he can get if you tell me what you want .. he deals with all the old oil cooled gixxers.. or I can get you his contact info if you want...lemme know

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rimmer, I'm running 1 5/8th head pipes right now and would like to stay at that size, let me know if they have anything,and what they want for it. Thanks!

Cycle concept, check your PM, thanks!

·
Registered
268 Posts
I gave them a call and the normal pipe size is 1.5 in diameter.. he is however going to look into their drag pipe line and see what they have to offer asfar as getting that size. I know he uses V&H on his drag bike so it shouldn't be a problem .. is your head the stock head or after market head??

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The head on my bike is real big, 8.70's in the 1/4..................

PM me on the micron pipe with details and price and pics if possible, thanks. Or e-mail at [email protected]

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm looking for an exhaust for my '92 as well.

StarCycle (I think) has some closeout Yoshimura systems as low as $399. Yosh quit making those systems about 8 years ago, but there's still some around.

Mike

·
Registered
257 Posts
Originally posted by Minnesota51:
I'm looking for an exhaust for my '92 as well.

StarCycle (I think) has some closeout Yoshimura systems as low as $399. Yosh quit making those systems about 8 years ago, but there's still some around.

Mike
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No, Starcycle _says_ they're got them but when you actually call to order them they don't have them. I called those dipshits about those pipes literally 2 years ago and they didn't have them then and they were discontinued so I really doubt if they have them now. Don't deal with those morons.

Matt

·
Registered
978 Posts
i also run the pco vance&hines on a 1255 just get the baffel and wrap it with muffler glass not as loud and still flows real nice

my 2 cents
jimmy

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up Matt.
I've never purchased anything from StarCycle. I just saw there website while looking for an exhaust system.

Mike

1 - 20 of 23 Posts