Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
In France, having an Hypersport bike is an obstacle course.
Only few insurances can handle this kind of bike and :
  • you must be 30yo +
  • have 2 years licence + 24 months assurance contract antecedent
  • have a lot of money…

The amount of the insurance will also depends of your area and the year of the bike. The newer the more expensive.
Paris (and its suburbs) + Marseilles = +50%

As I have only 3 years licence, and bike is late 2020, I pay 3000€/year (full covering insurance road + trackday)… I think I can go below 1800€/y when bike will be more than 3yo and if I move to another area.


Suzuki needs to buy 10 BMW S1000RR's and reverse engineer them to create the perfect bike. When I bought my '18 R1000R the dealer was heavily discounting them. It was a good bike for the price I paid, but I would not have paid anywhere close to full msrp for the bike. Base msrp on the S1KRR is a couple hundred less too than a R1000R. 3 year warranty, etc. But when you're paying a premium, you expect premium features, tft instead of a Casio watch, cruise control since you already have rbw throttle, heated grips, electronic suspension, etc.

But like others have touched on, sport bikes in general don't make sense. Especially when they get more and more track focused with more aggressive ergo's every revamp. Most people probably spend 90% of the time on the street and the other 10% on a track. A dedicated sportbike doesn't make sense for that ratio when there's so many better options available today.
I don’t agree with you. In my opinion, if you buy a 1000cc hypersport bike, you’re not buying a car. I mean you don’t need TFT screens, cruise control, heat grips, etc… You buy it for the passion, not for the gadgets. GSXR’s LCD are perfect for road and track use. Big numbers, big and bright shiftlight.
 

·
Premium Member
Suzuki GSX-R750 2022
Joined
·
26 Posts
GSX R1000 was $26,000 last year when i bought one of the last GSXR750's in Australia for $17,500. I might have bought the thou if it was cheaper.
I see they are on special now, still a lot of money.
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Automotive tire
 

·
Registered
2017 Gsxr 1000R
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
That’s crazy expensive!
Save the money and buy a used 17 or 18, they haven’t changed much but the colors anyway since then.
Picked up mine last year with only 3k miles on it, had BST’s, Powercommander 5, ecu already flashed with custom tune, full titanium yosh rs11 sq exhaust and lots of other goodies, paid 15k.
It’s deals to be had on these bikes, if you keep your eyes open.

GSX R1000 was $26,000 last year when i bought one of the last GSXR750's in Australia for $17,500. I might have bought the thou if it was cheaper.
I see they are on special now, still a lot of money.
View attachment 582631
 
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Top