Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHY NOT TO TURN OFF BIKE IF FAN IS ON?????

AFTER A RIDE MY BIKE TEMP WAS 105.C AND FAN KICK IN..... SO THE TEMP WAS DROPPING SO SLOWLY 104C THEN 103C MY BIKE WAS START

MY BIKE WAS IN MY GARAGE

HOW CAN A BIKE TEMPERATURE DROP WHEN BIKE WILL BE IN A START FORM AND AT IDEAL STATE IN A GARAJ AFTER A LONG RIDE?

AFTER RIDE IT WAS 105C THEN FAN TURND ON IT WAS 104 THEN 103 HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE TO COOLDOWN????

IS IT UNSAFE TO TURN OFF BIKE WHEN FAN IS ON???

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
8,138 Posts
"IS IT UNSAFE TO TURN OFF BIKE WHEN FAN IS ON???"
No. It's no more unsafe than shutting a car off when it's at similar temperatures.

"HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE TO COOLDOWN????"
Depends on what you mean by cooldown. Come back after an hour.

P.S. Some Indian forum spammers have been posting here recently. I hope that you're not one.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No. It's no more unsafe than shutting a car off when it's at similar temperatures.

P.S. Some Indian forum spammers have been posting here recently. I hope that you're not one.
cooll down means.........engine temperature drop.....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mo

mostly people say never turn bike off when fan turns on...let the engine temperature drop first then turn off the bike

·
Just call me Colonel Angus
130 Posts
WHY NOT TO TURN OFF BIKE IF FAN IS ON?????

AFTER A RIDE MY BIKE TEMP WAS 105.C AND FAN KICK IN..... SO THE TEMP WAS DROPPING SO SLOWLY 104C THEN 103C MY BIKE WAS START

MY BIKE WAS IN MY GARAGE

HOW CAN A BIKE TEMPERATURE DROP WHEN BIKE WILL BE IN A START FORM AND AT IDEAL STATE IN A GARAJ AFTER A LONG RIDE?

AFTER RIDE IT WAS 105C THEN FAN TURND ON IT WAS 104 THEN 103 HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE TO COOLDOWN????

IS IT UNSAFE TO TURN OFF BIKE WHEN FAN IS ON???
Temperature will go higher when the bike is turned off, this is normal and it is not unsafe. The rise in temperature happens because circulation of coolant and airflow has stopped. If the cooling system has problems and the temperature is already too high when the bike is turned off, the rise in temperature and pressure can cause the thermostat to open and coolant to come out of the radiator into the reservoir. It can also cause more serious engine problems. How long it will take to cool off depends on how high the outside temperature is and how much airflow is available to cool it down. Set up a fan to blow on the radiator if you want to cool it faster.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
should i
Temperature will go higher when the bike is turned off, this is normal and it is not unsafe. The rise in temperature happens because circulation of coolant and airflow has stopped. If the cooling system has problems and the temperature is already too high when the bike is turned off, the rise in temperature and pressure can cause the thermostat to open and coolant to come out of the radiator into the reservoir. It can also cause more serious engine problems. How long it will take to cool off depends on how high the outside temperature is and how much airflow is available to cool it down. Set up a fan to blow on the radiator if you want to cool it faster.
should i put a extra fan in my garage? i am in pakistan it so hot here outside temperature remain 40+F ..........then how can bike get cool so fastly when already its hot outside. ........on riding temp of bike remain 85c to 88c on a highy way fan kick on when i stop the bike in my garage......fan turn on 105c......and temp come down to 97c and fan turns off itself.................but in my last ride temp was near 35+F outside the road...and i touched near 250kph/...... it was 3.pm outside day time... i was on high way bike temp was 85c to 89c the moment i came and stope the bike at home fan turnd on at 105c and bike was start i waited for 3 5 mints temp of bike came down 103c after 3 4 mints ........ but fan was still on and bike temp was not coming down after 103c ....... bcz outside it was already 35+F........so i turnd off the bike.

my bike temp is in Celsius

·
130 Posts
should i put a extra fan in my garage? i am in pakistan it so hot here outside temperature remain 40+F ..........then how can bike get cool so fastly when already its hot outside. ........on riding temp of bike remain 85c to 88c on a highy way fan kick on when i stop the bike in my garage......fan turn on 105c......and temp come down to 97c and fan turns off itself.................but in my last ride temp was near 35+F outside the road...and i touched near 250kph/...... it was 3.pm outside day time... i was on high way bike temp was 85c to 89c the moment i came and stope the bike at home fan turnd on at 105c and bike was start i waited for 3 5 mints temp of bike came down 103c after 3 4 mints ........ but fan was still on and bike temp was not coming down after 103c ....... bcz outside it was already 35+F........so i turnd off the bike.

my bike temp is in Celsius
I am in Texas where it is also hot like in Pakistan and the temperatures you are seeing are normal and will not cause problems for the bike. I have seen mine rise to 225F/107C while stopped in traffic but it comes back down when moving again. When your engine is off the coolant stops circulating and a fan will help carry heat away from the engine but the temperature sensor is on the engine not on the radiator, so cooling the radiator by itself will not show a lower temperature in your cluster reading. Having the fan pointed at the radiator will also carry heat away from the engine but there is a lot of heat in the engine so it will cool slowly. I do not think you have any problem to worry about and do not need a fan but it would not hurt anything to have one.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
8,138 Posts
"AFTER RIDE IT WAS 105C THEN FAN TURND ON IT WAS 104 THEN 103"
Those are within the bike's normal operating temperatures. There's no reason that you can't turn it off under those conditions.

"mostly people say never turn bike off when fan turns on...let the engine temperature drop first then turn off the bike"
I'm inclined to say that you're getting advice from people who don't know what they're talking about. If you just let it idle, it's going to stay in the 100 - 105 °C range.

"it so hot here outside temperature remain 40+F...but in my last ride temp was near 35+F"
That makes no sense unless it's "C" instead of "F". At that point I wonder if you know what you're doing. If you're hell bent on it, you could set up a fan to blow on the bike - maybe from the front but with air also circulating over the engine. But if you're talking about modifications to the bike, I say no. You're not qualified.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am in Texas where it is also hot like in Pakistan and the temperatures you are seeing are normal and will not cause problems for the bike. I have seen mine rise to 225F/107C while stopped in traffic but it comes back down when moving again. When your engine is off the coolant stops circulating and a fan will help carry heat away from the engine but the temperature sensor is on the engine not on the radiator, so cooling the radiator by itself will not show a lower temperature in your cluster reading. Having the fan pointed at the radiator will also carry heat away from the engine but there is a lot of heat in the engine so it will cool slowly. I do not think you have any problem to worry about and do not need a fan but it would not hurt anything to have one.
REALLY APPRICIATED. THANX ALOT BRO

YES ITS NORMAL ON HIGH WAY 170 180 190 AS I STOP BIKE INSIDE MY GARAGE TEMP 220 THEN FAN KICK IN AND DROP TO 190 FAN TURNS OFF........

THEN WHY PEOPLE SAY GSXR IS COOL BIKE AS COMPARE TO YAMAHA?????

WE SEE YAMAHA N GSXR TEMP READING ARE SAME.... THEN HOW GSXR IS COOLER THEN YAMAHA?

·
130 Posts
REALLY APPRICIATED. THANX ALOT BRO

YES ITS NORMAL ON HIGH WAY 170 180 190 AS I STOP BIKE INSIDE MY GARAGE TEMP 220 THEN FAN KICK IN AND DROP TO 190 FAN TURNS OFF........

THEN WHY PEOPLE SAY GSXR IS COOL BIKE AS COMPARE TO YAMAHA?????

WE SEE YAMAHA N GSXR TEMP READING ARE SAME.... THEN HOW GSXR IS COOLER THEN YAMAHA?
You are welcome bro. Cool does not always mean lower temperature. Cool is also a slang word that can mean things like awesome or better. For people that like the GSXR better than the Yamaha the GSXR will be cool while the Yamaha is not. The same is true for people who like the Yamaha better. For them the Yamaha is cool and the GSXR is not. The same is also true for the word hot, like when someone thinks a woman is pretty they might say she is hot.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You are welcome bro. Cool does not always mean lower temperature. Cool is also a slang word that can mean things like awesome or better. For people that like the GSXR better than the Yamaha the GSXR will be cool while the Yamaha is not. The same is true for people who like the Yamaha better. For them the Yamaha is cool and the GSXR is not. The same is also true for the word hot, like when someone thinks a woman is pretty they might say she is hot.
hahahahahahahah soo dam true bro ;)
ur nice friend ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts