Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always loved dirt bikes. I don't have one anymore, so I took the Gix deep into the woods and bushwacked the fucker for hours! Awesome time! I really had so much fun I didn't care that I wrapped the bike around the tree trying to find my way back to the road at the end of the day.

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
Originally posted by Kid Loops:
I really had so much fun I didn't care that I wrapped the bike around the tree ....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">hehe I did that with a RMX250 me on one side holding the throttle with the bike on the other, that was fun.

Only prob I have with taking the gixxer in the bush is ground clearance, when I am doing my crusty demons of dirt I need at least 3 foot of suspension travel for the 200 foot long jumps otherwise she bottoms out and lands hard and I might hurt my willy.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
well, bout fuxking time someone else thinks like me...i thought about putting knobbies on my bike....but where do i find them??? i get plenty of clearance....i find shit at walmart all the time on clearance....what more do i need to get my gix dirt ready?

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
Originally posted by confucius_sez:
well, bout fuxking time someone else thinks like me...i thought about putting knobbies on my bike....but where do i find them??? i get plenty of clearance....i find shit at walmart all the time on clearance....what more do i need to get my gix dirt ready?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Fox stickers, they give you great low down drive in the dirt, the more you have the better your drive out of berms etc. Worth at least, at least 14 hp at the spark plugs maybe more.

For the knobblies get a soldering iron and cut out the knobs in you street tyre. they do this in GP's to have hand cut slicks so I can't see it not working to make knobblies.

Oh and just one more thing... fox stickers...

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
You need to get some traction for next time you do this.Just get some thick gauge nails and nail em into your rear, for best traction results I would put a minimum of 200 nails in the rear. That way even hill climbing on the Gix will be a piece of cake.
Problem solved, homemade nobbies!

jontflesh

·
Registered
95 Posts
In all honesty I was casually talking on the phone with one of my customers and I saw the title to this thread. ROTFLMFAO!! I had to make up some other reason why I was laughing so hard,
. I doubt he would have understood. Thanks for the laugh

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will definitely let you know about the parts. In fact, I'm so excited about my eventful excursion that I will UPS them to your ass for free!

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
Are you gonna run the hand cut knobblies or the studs. If you run the hand cuts can you take a note of what pressure you run them at. I am going to get a wildcard in the next World MX race and i am a bit short of setup time for the gixxer. Thanks.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I just run my d207's in the woods they grip all terrain if you ask me. I just like to adjust the rake a little to accomodate for all the freestyle moves, you know, heel clickers, back flips things of that nature... YOU GOTTA DO THIS 2 UP!!! IT'S FUKIN AWESOME!!!

P.S. I practice on the street before I get to the trail by standing most of the time while riding, similar to how you would motocrossing. Gets you PUMPED!!!! Try that shit!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
the second i get my gixxer in running order(just a few more days awaiting a chain)i'm gonna hit up some trails... theres also a apartment complex being built down my street and its a field about the size of 3 foot ball fields completely leveled dirt but theres all of these random perfectly formed hills set up for some kind of landscaping i guess... it looks awesome

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by Del La Sol:
the second i get my gixxer in running order(just a few more days awaiting a chain)i'm gonna hit up some trails... theres also a apartment complex being built down my street and its a field about the size of 3 foot ball fields completely leveled dirt but theres all of these random perfectly formed hills set up for some kind of landscaping i guess... it looks awesome
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
Damn, I'm really getting alot of you interested in taking the Gix into the woods aren't I?

·
Registered
52 Posts
hey, just watch out for me on the Z400...I dont need to get rear-ended by a Gixxer ridin' the berms at 120+ mph

1 - 16 of 16 Posts