Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why doesn\'t Yoshi\'s high mount go as high as other manf\'s??

Just out of curiosity...I have been looking around at different high mounts(micron,blueflame, tiForce, etc) and was wondering why Yoshimura doesn't make their high mount as high as the others? Is there any loss in performance due to the exaggerated 'S' bends in the extreme high mounts, or any other negatives to the extreme/ultra high mounts?? One last question, has anyone with a 600 or 750 bought a high mount slip-on(not a bolt on) for a 1000 and sawed off the very end of their stock 600/750 headers and clamped on the slip-on? Otherwise i believe you have to buy a full exhaust if you want a high mount on the 600/750. Feel free to correct me if i am wrong about that. And before I get flamed for wanting to hack exhaust and go to all this trouble for looks, I ride my bike on the street, not the track, therefore I am not interested in pushing it to its limits or anywhere near for that matter, on the street, so if by having an extreme high mount makes me lose a few ponies no biggie I like how it looks better, but if it is going to affect the smoothness of throttle response that is a different story. Any tips/suggestion/etc welcome. Thanks in advance.
Ben

·
Registered
431 Posts
Re: Why doesn\'t Yoshi\'s high mount go as high as other manf\'s??

devil makes a slip-on high mount made for the 600/750, it does require a cut to the header though.

·
Registered
951 Posts

Devil, Scorpion, Leo Vin and a few others make High Mounts for the 600/750 and yes they require a quick cut of the stock header. I have the Devil on my bike and it works great.

As for your Yoshi concern. The pipe they offer is a high exit, not full mount. Just more ground clearance. Better to have the pipe low for racing but not touching while leaning. Lower center of gravity. In theory fewer bends is also better but the reality is the slight S bends don't seem to affect the bikes on the dyno.

·
Cock Thumb, or Thumb Cock? You decide.
31,593 Posts

what wera said,, i dont get why guys like the high mount so much, i perfer the high exit by far, much *racier* ,, shit i noticed mladins old bike had the high exit but was much higher than what yosh offers retail.. i bent a mounting tab and the hanger bracket and got the tip of the can up a couple of inches,, looked very pimp

·
Registered
304 Posts

I got the Mircon High mount system for a 1000 on my 750, I cut the stock head and welded the mid pipe on. Looks good. Im thinking about selling it if your instrested.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.