Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have checked the rear wheel and it shows to be straight. I have owend a 01 GSXR-1000 and an 02 FZ1 in the past and both were very easy to wheely.My new bike wants to pull to the left even under a small power wheely.Has anyone ever had this problem?What did you do to fix it?

·
Registered
44 Posts
well how level is the street you are trying to wheelie on any arch will try to steer the bike and are you watching you body position any little favor to 1 side will make a differance and also if you get a little tire spin before lift that also makes a diff. but you probly know all that but just thought id put in my 2 cents oh and chain slop can make a small diff too

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
A lot has to do with the fact thats also the drive side ( chain side) its got to do with the gyroscopic effect. Thats why when you lock up back brake ( playing around) the bike wants to slide right. Maybe talking out my ass.

·
Premium Member
73,384 Posts
are you pulling on the bars when you lift it up? if so, you might be pulling harder with one side and not realizing it. otherwise, check your tire pressure and the rear wheel alignment.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Your putting more weight on the left Peg. next time wathc your self, i bet your putting more weight on that side. compensate.

·
I <3 Item 9
13,426 Posts
There could be lots of factors... check the alignment of your rear wheel. i just adjusted mine cuz it pulled left a bit on the flats... most highways are banked either left or right for water drainage so that definetly plays a role, and on those banked roads once you bounce it up you should get to balance point quickly and lean to correct the direction.
If you're not at balance point then the bike will keep accelerating in the off-center direction and all the leaning you do won't help cuz the bikes power is enough to counter your weight...
At balance point you can go straight down any road. Practice changing lanes too, that helps

for me though the rear wheel alignment is key. if it's off a bit you can really feel it going down a straight road at B/P. Find yourself a FLAT strip of highway or an airport strip to do some testing. I got a place not too far from me that is cop-free where I can hold 3rd up for a while so that helps to see if anything is out of alignment. I find that if you balance 2nd it's almost too slow to really see what is out of whack (and 1st is for stunnas and slow tricks).... I like 4th on the highway though... then you feel like you're flying

another thing is that the 05's have a slightly longer wheelbase and a more forward weight bias so that means you'll have to get the bike a little higher to hit the B/P... higher than an 01-04 gixxer 1k, so if you are used to doing it on your last bike then you gotta go a bit higher now

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
when i used to try and do wheelies the same thing would happen, for me it was because i was gripping the throttle side harder when i would crack it open

1 - 8 of 8 Posts