Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes when I shift into second it just misses and I feel like an ass when passin some chicks. Do i need to adjust my foot shifter or is my shift fork bad? is the fork a beothc to fix?

G

·
impressing chicks would be the last thing you should be thinking bout....but that being said you may want to first off lower your shift lever so tht the same amount of effort from your foot will translate to hopefully a more posititve shift...if its still buggery you may have to look further into the problem....

im guessing that should help though.

·
Registered
241 Posts
IT IS A POSSIABLITY THAT YOUR TRANSMISSIN DOGS ARE DINGING UP A BIT OR THE THE SHIFTING FORKS IN THE TRANNY OR THE GEAR SHIFT CAM CAN BE A BIT GRINDED. WHAT EVER IT MAY BE IT CAN GET EXPENSIVE IF THE TRANNING IS HURT. GOOD LUCK.

·
Registered
168 Posts
First to second is the longest throw so im guessing your not kicking it hard enough to get it through neutral and into second.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
what Nolz said.

worked for me a treat, and i was getting megga pissed off with it.

i even blamed the boots, poor things

·
Registered
333 Posts
You can put a little pressure on the shift lever before you pull the clutch in and shift. Normal shift pattern, just pull up till it stops and reverse of course for reverse shift pattern. Takes the play out of the linkages. Works good for me that way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts