Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These really aren't that great but figured I would post it anyway. Should be a great game and three of the four anylists this morning on the pre-game picked the Chargers and the line has the Chargers favored by 3.5pts which is pretty interesting. If I was a betting man I would take the undefeated team +3.5pts but that's just me. :crazy

1. There have been more running highlights along the Mexican border than from LaDanian Tomlinson in the past few years.
2. Antwan Applewhite sounds like a better name for a character on the Golden Girls than for a football player.
3. The Chargers were the only ones to make the Raiders look like an NFL team this year.
4. I don’t know what would be more surprising. Seeing rain in San Diego or finding Billy Volek at the end of the rainbow.
5. Our QB doesn’t need a plate of cheese with his whine.
6. Shawne Merriman lists steroids and Tila Tequila as his favorite substances to abuse.
7. Ed Hochuli is on our side

8. Norv Turner said the Bolts aren’t as good as outsiders think. He’s wrong. They’re a lot worse.
9. Because ESPN is broadcasting the Monday night game in HD, you can expect the image to be so enhanced that it will look like the double chin of Marcus McNeill is staring at you over a pile of pancakes.
10. The lightning bolt on the side of the helmet would be more intimidating on the belly of a Care Bear rather than on Philip Rivers’ head.

GO BRONCOS!

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
Yep, the Eagles made #3 a false statement! :lol How bad are the Titans though? New England must have been really pissed off about losing to Denver last week :)

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
You forgot to mention Norv Turner's neck! It's gonna be in HD tonight!!!

It should be a good game (I hope).

Yeah...the Bolts made the Raiders look good...I know I know....but it's still a win.

But....
SD's throwback jerseys are probably the sweetest in the NFL. Denver's ...ahem...please no pics of that.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You forgot to mention Norv Turner's neck! It's gonna be in HD tonight!!!

It should be a good game (I hope).

Yeah...the Bolts made the Raiders look good...I know I know....but it's still a win.

But....
SD's throwback jerseys are probably the sweetest in the NFL. Denver's ...ahem...please no pics of that.
I pretty much agree with every statement. I would have added something about Norv Turner specifically because I think Marty should still be the head coach of the Chargers. No way in hell is Norv Turner a better head coach which I said at the time and he's only proven that since.

·
likes to put his frosting on frostyfire's back...
1,382 Posts
We'll see.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
I pretty much agree with every statement. I would have added something about Norv Turner specifically because I think Marty should still be the head coach of the Chargers. No way in hell is Norv Turner a better head coach which I said at the time and he's only proven that since.
When they hired Norv, I was like.."NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" Trace it back to ownership and front office probs. The GM of SD is an ass and he let his ego and personality get in the way (ie: Dallas, Oakland). Since that 2006 season I have not had any "we're goin to the superbowl" thoughts at all....not with Norv. I do not feel nearly as hopeless as Raider fans, but there's little hope of a Lombardi trophy ending up in San Diego's hands.:hammer

·
Professional Baby Maker
17,741 Posts
i say norv goes after this season if they dont produce a winner. A lot of good coaches are sitting on the sidelines this season. I was very surprised they let go of Marty. Didn't he take them to the AFC championship or AFC Dvisional playoffs that year and lost? Norv has always been labeled a good O-Coordinator not a good head coach.

I also didn't like them taking a QB when they had Brees already too, and then letting Brees sign with NO for a, then unproven, Rivers. Brees made the pro bowl that year too right but was injured or something? Good thing that all worked out, imagine where the franchise would be if Rivers was a bust.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i say norv goes after this season if they dont produce a winner. A lot of good coaches are sitting on the sidelines this season. I was very surprised they let go of Marty. Didn't he take them to the AFC championship or AFC Dvisional playoffs that year and lost? Norv has always been labeled a good O-Coordinator not a good head coach.

I also didn't like them taking a QB when they had Brees already too, and then letting Brees sign with NO for a, then unproven, Rivers. Brees made the pro bowl that year too right but was injured or something? Good thing that all worked out, imagine where the franchise would be if Rivers was a bust.
Marty could get them to the playoffs just couldn't win a game. Sound familiar? Gee... maybe it wasn't the coach after all....

Brees injured his throwing shoulder and at the time there was some doubt across the league if he would ever play again after surgery. It was one of those injuries that could spell end of a career for a quarter back. Rivers isn't that bad but he sure as shit ain't no Drew Brees. It did all work out but also imagine if they had put all their eggs in the Brees basket and he was done. That would suck.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bolts are coming off of a bye week.
Means nothing if you don't have the talent. They spent the last week and a half 'getting LT going' which is good news for me as a Broncos fan because that train left the station 3yrs ago. They would have been smart to trade LT and spend the week and a half 'putting Sproles in the system permanently' as he's the future of that team. Too many question marks and too many injuries to expect them to win even after a bye week IMO.

·
Professional Baby Maker
17,741 Posts
Marty could get them to the playoffs just couldn't win a game. Sound familiar? Gee... maybe it wasn't the coach after all....

Brees injured his throwing shoulder and at the time there was some doubt across the league if he would ever play again after surgery. It was one of those injuries that could spell end of a career for a quarter back. Rivers isn't that bad but he sure as shit ain't no Drew Brees. It did all work out but also imagine if they had put all their eggs in the Brees basket and he was done. That would suck.

You're right...I googled it up and it was a badly seperated shoulder last game of the season. :cheers

·
Premium Member
9,050 Posts
Good hard game. Congrats to the Broncos.:cheers

·
Banned
7,214 Posts
I HATE the Broncos!! I am a fan of any team that plays the Broncos, and hope the Broncos lose every game they play.. :banghead

My hometown is Baltimore, Md. Way back when, the Colts had tha first draft pick, and they PICKED Elway. The prick said he would play baseball before he came to the Baltimore Colts.. Well, that ended me with Elway. The rules of the game are, if you are last place in the standings the year before, you get 1ST DRAFT PICK. That is the rules.. Elway, is a piece of chit.. And since he played for the Broncos, I pull for them to lose every game they play..

Thanks for letting me vent!!:lol

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
I HATE the Broncos!! I am a fan of any team that plays the Broncos, and hope the Broncos lose every game they play.. :banghead

My hometown is Baltimore, Md. Way back when, the Colts had tha first draft pick, and they PICKED Elway. The prick said he would play baseball before he came to the Baltimore Colts.. Well, that ended me with Elway. The rules of the game are, if you are last place in the standings the year before, you get 1ST DRAFT PICK. That is the rules.. Elway, is a piece of chit.. And since he played for the Broncos, I pull for them to lose every game they play..

Thanks for letting me vent!!:lol
I bet you're pretty disappointed so far this year :lol

Dumervil is a beast, if he keeps getting two sacks a game he is going to blow up the single season sack record. He is already half way there :punk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts