Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Im running a NOS wet system with 60hp and using a schnitz 2 dial progressive and love it,it can get quite hairy sometimes though

·
Registered
245 Posts
Speaking of Spraying....what do you guys think of this?

SHADY-SHOT of NOS

Obviously, it would have to be retrofitted to our Gixxers.

(The seller has great feedback on this product.)

Let me know

·
Registered
3,895 Posts

SHADY-SHOT of NOS

Let me know
I wouldn't try to fit that "shady shot" (or any other kinda of "dry kit") setup on a carb'd motor - but I'm sure it could be done if you jet the carbs over-rich and run tiny jets. The components in that kit on eBay are mostly CO2 paintball-stuff - which would probly cost about $75-$100 if you went out and paid retail for all of the seperate pieces. So I guess it's not a bad deal if that's the sorta thing you're looking to do on your motor.

There's a TON of good nitrous-info at http://www.diy-nitrous.fsnet.co.uk - although I cannot speak from personal experience about using the plastic-tubing for the high-pressure side of the nitrous, nor can I verify the info about the 6V industrial solenoids being suitable for nitrous-applications.

I *can* say that the info pertaining to jet-sizes and location of the jets (at the solenoid-exits, rather than at the nozzles) is accurate (the jetting-charts supplied are indeed on the rich/safe side).

Nitrous-injection is all about attention-to-detail - the forethought and planning that goes into building and installing it is a lot more important than the brand-name of the components that are used. Ed Killar wrote a good book that's part history, part nitrous-tech, and part autobiography... it's called "Nitrous Wars" and It's worth the $20 he was asking for it (IMO). If you're interested in purchasing his book, you can contact Ed Killar at [email protected]

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

SHADY-SHOT of NOS

Let me know
it dont look too trust worthy, lots of the parts r from a paintball store, wit the parts they show in the pics, it looks like u would tap into ur airbox, open the bottle n jus let it spray until its empty or u close the valve, might be a bomb waitin to explode or jus to a lot of engine damage
i give it
down id have to hear some1s first hand experience wit it b4 i thought about it

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
40 shot dry (37 on the dyno) on a 1000 K2

Spraying striaght on the AIS and it's only leaning off about .4

·
Registered
33 Posts
Does spraying your bike do any internal engine damage if you use the nos every once n awhile? Also what is a good kit for the 05 Gsxr 1000?

·
Registered
152 Posts
As long as the system is set-up and tuned right, and your not putting too big of a shot on a stock bike , you should be good.

·
Registered
733 Posts
hey stocky did you get your dry nos kit in australia and do you have a power commander os some other fuel enrichment device on your gsxr?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Im running a NOS wet system with 60hp and using a schnitz 2 dial progressive and love it,it can get quite hairy sometimes though
What kit do you have, and I don't know much about the progressive, what's it do bump the fuel when when the nitrous selinoid comes on? Dumb ? but just curious. What about those dyno programmable ignitions, some of them are switchable for nitrous. anybody deal with them?

·
Registered
849 Posts
What kit do you have, and I don't know much about the progressive, what's it do bump the fuel when when the nitrous selinoid comes on? Dumb ? but just curious. What about those dyno programmable ignitions, some of them are switchable for nitrous. anybody deal with them?
A wet system has a fuel solenoid with it so you do not have to richen it up,It is a NOS brand kit.
The 2 dial progressive is like an interupt for the solenoids so that you do not have that intial 60HP hit instead it progresses the nitrous in anywhere from .01 seconds to 6 seconds with an intial start percentage from 20% up to 50% start.

Tom

·
Registered
180 Posts
Ohhh, I wish I had the money to get a direct port injection system, but if I did that I wouldn't be able to do anything else for a while. Oh well, I don't plan on doing anything till winter, you know when everyone does that sorta stuff and you can't find stuff cheap anywhere.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ohhh, I wish I had the money to get a direct port injection system, but if I did that I wouldn't be able to do anything else for a while. Oh well, I don't plan on doing anything till winter, you know when everyone does that sorta stuff and you can't find stuff cheap anywhere.
There is a nice Nitrous Express wet system on Ebay right now. Bidding ends on the 29th and it's at $350 right now. They go for about $700 new.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts