Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lookin for a HID set up for my K5 1000. Wheres the best buy and most reputable site. Appreciate it guys.

Jay

·
Registered
193 Posts
Got mine from Xenonking.com . Tell them you are from gixxer.com and get a discount. Mine Were $170 a bulb.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
LexusCruiser said:
You shouldnt even bother putting a real HID system on your 1K. It looks like crap through the reflector :-(. I had one on my K4 600. it looked nice with the projector.

+1

Unless you are going to commit to do a full HID projector retrofit, don't bother sticking a plug and play kit into the stock reflector housing, it will look like crap and have glare and blinding light everywhere.............

Plug and play in stock housing :thumbdown

retro-fitting HID projectors in the housing instead :thumbup

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wouldnt get any from http://www.xenonpros.com if oyu have any problems with the hid kit they really dont wanna help ya, the bulbs suck ass mine were blue at first then they whent to a white a month later. I ll say buy locally that way you have better warranty, i found a place near me that gives 2yr warranty in store exchange, buying the cheap sh!t aint worth it........ i still can drive an hour away and get them for the same price with no problems and i know where to find them if there is a problem.........

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.