Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who\'s going to Parry Sound for the Sportbike Rally?

The roads up there are great, this will be my first year up there on a "real" bike. I'm stoked.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: Who\'s going to Parry Sound for the Sportbike Rally?

im going up with a few guys i know. its also my first year going

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Who\'s going to Parry Sound for the Sportbike Rally?

im going up with a few guys i know. its also my first year going
I meant it was my 1st on a gixxer.... anyway you'll love it, the roads are excellent and there isn't much traffic.

·
Registered
482 Posts
july 7-9, and who isnt going, it was way better a few yeas ago but its still a good time.
Yeah it sucked... no radar runs last year.

The event itself is a lot of fun, there's been a larger police presence the last few years tho. Just keep both wheels on the ground, ass in the seat and speed within posted limits while in town and they don't bother you.

I never did see too many cops on the local roads... most of them seemed to be policing the town.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The rule of thumb is..in town be civil and obey the laws...outside town is open season do what u please..the cops wont do a thing as we are bringing tonnnesss of tourism and cash into perry sound.

Cop: "i dun care what you kids do aslong as its not in town..be safe"

Ill be thier for sure this year!:punk

·
Unstable SuperMod
21,904 Posts
The rule of thumb is..in town be civil and obey the laws...outside town is open season do what u please..the cops wont do a thing as we are bringing tonnnesss of tourism and cash into perry sound.

Cop: "i dun care what you kids do aslong as its not in town..be safe"

Ill be thier for sure this year!:punk
:wtf Don't know where you get that from, I know a group of us got nabbed coming up the 400 north of MacTier and another group coming in from Sunridge, kinda blows you theory.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
i'm going this year for sure. I was almost hoping they would cancel it, as was rumored. then there would be less cops... and posers. i spend very little time doing "rally activities", I mostly go as an excuse to hit the twisties for a whole weekend with the boys.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yup, I'm booked in a hotel again this year. Missed it last year. Gonna make a week vacation with the rally right in between. Sure, the town is not hosting it this year, but honestly, it's a great time to meet up with old friends, some I only see at the rally. If everyone would behave and not piss off the cops or the town, it will always be a great weekend.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts