Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K i live in Maine and it was 50 degrees out today.............so i rode alot. How many of you guys ride year round????? (lucky bastards!!!) My riding season lasts from March( if i'm lucky) to November usually..... some times longer sometimes shorter. We did't get much snow this year so I rode twice in December, once in January, twice in Febuary, and just about every weekend so far in March........how many cold weather riders are out there ....................I enjoy blowing past a truck or car with Harley stickers on it.......they usually stare and wish they could ride too. Problem is..........there bikes probably wouldn't start when its 40 degrees out lol

thanx

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I ride almost year round. It rarely goes below 40 here in North Carolina. Unfortunatly it did snow here this past winter and I had to wait a week for the snow to melt. But other than that, I ride all the time, as long as it is above 45. I am from Ohio, so I am used to the cold.

·
Registered
148 Posts
here in texas its more pleasant to ride in jan than it is in the summer..it was over 80 yesterday and i was sweating my balls off wearing my jacket and gloves when traffic slowed down.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Originally posted by imfreakncrazy:
here in texas its more pleasant to ride in jan than it is in the summer..it was over 80 yesterday and i was sweating my balls off wearing my jacket and gloves when traffic slowed down.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">My thought exactly, In Florida Summer gets too hot for an enjoyable ride

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I fmy bike had a few things I am missing I damn well would be on it
-Karl

·
Registered
893 Posts
No riding here yet.
It's still [email protected]**% snowing!!
Snow is in the forcast thru Tuesday. We bought my wife a brand new 2001 SV 650 three weeks ago and we picked it up in a friggin blizard! (with my truck) It's been cold & snowing off & on ever since

·
Registered
893 Posts
No riding here yet.
It's still [email protected]**% snowing!!
Snow is in the forcast thru Tuesday. We bought my wife a brand new 2001 SV 650S three weeks ago and we picked it up in a friggin blizard! (with my truck) It's been cold & snowing off & on ever since

·
Registered
43 Posts
I live in New Hampshire just about an hour or so away from you and i do the same thing you do . I ride religously from march to november and when weather permits in the winter. Im glad to hear im not the only one that rides in the winter . as for harleys not starting below 40 degrees thats true im the only one in my family that dosent ride a herley and im the only one that dident have to jump my bike to get it going this winter. p.m. me if you want to get together for a ride some timei dont know to many people that realy like the old gixxersand want to ride as much as me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
well you want to know what i ride well its a 92 gix 750. as far as ware i live in n.h. I live about 5 minuts outside of laconia. iv got alot of riding buddys but i ride the only real bike!! they all ride new bikes. get back to me.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I live in Modesto California and work in Milpitas, which is 85 miles each way. I ride all year long and today has to be the coldest day so far. It was 37F this morning and after plugging some numbers into table I found, the wind chill factor at 100mph drops the temp down to 17F. On Highway 580 where it travels north to south you will get hit in the ass if you're going slower than 90 mph, and that is for about 20 minutes worth of ridding.

I'm still cold and I got to work 3 hours ago.

-Steve

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I ride all year, but in the winter it's a lot less often... we get some clear days that are over 40F and I have to wrap up and get the electric vest out, but it's fun down to about 45F as long as it's not raining. It snowed here yesterday, but there are warm days interspersed throughout the winter... I can't *wait* til summer, it never gets over 80F here and the nights are warm enough to enjoy too up until about October or November.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts