Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well the rectifier is from a 06+ Yamaha R1 and several other Yamaha bikes and ATVs. It uses Mosfet technology instead of the current Shunt (?) method of rectifying the AC voltage.

It's suppose to run alot cooler and handle more power efficiently then the Suzuki rectifiers.
Using this rectifier you don't get the plug ends for it because they are on the Yamaha's main harness.

http://www.roadstercycle.com/
This guy has sourced the plugs and rectifier and offers them up as a kit with some 10 gauge wire and waterproof plugs you make up.
If you look through the web site he's got alot of good information on differences in the rectifiers and the +'s of the mosfet one.

Ok so when you go to this site which part number do you get for the 06 gsxr 600 because im probably gunna scoop this. Also does it come with the plugs u need to plug and play or?...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Has anyone done the mosfet upgrade but just used the original mounting position? If so has it lasted

Also anyone done the upgrade and just used the original plugs with the adapter rather than running new cables direct to the battery?

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,527 Posts
Are you talking the R/R location? The issue with that location is heat. I had the original R/R on my bike until I parted it out last year and it had 8k track miles. There was no need to move it because it always had airflow.

Do a quick search around the 08-10 forum for people who simply replaced their stator with OEM. The OEM stators are mosfet now.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts