Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trying to living this section up but who here plays fantasy football?

I play and have for at least 4 yrs now consistently, played before periodically prior. I took 2nd place in 2 seperate leagues last season, I lost in both championships:sad

but anywho who plays and enjoys it? My friends and I are considering starting a keeper league this yr as we traditionally play PPR leagues yearly.

:cheers

·
Stabby Steve Longshanks
11,520 Posts
I play every year, very competitive money leagues.
Keeper leagues are great I am in one, keep 1 player the next year.
I kept ALL DAY last season and this season it will be Portis.

play every year. im in a few hard core money leagues and a couple fun ones including the GDC league
Is there any spots open this season?

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah my 2 money leagues are competitive even though we dont play for big money, we do $100 per person 10-14 team leagues.

I also play in various leagues for fun. I think I did 5 total last yr and it was almost a pain in the a$$ to keep up with them all lol.

·
Premium Member
5,169 Posts
im in one serious money league. And several fun ones. Adds another element to make NFL even greater haha. Although its hard for me to cheer for Cowboys players and i had M Barber

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Im in a $120 keeper league. 12 teams. Been playing the last 3 years and finished best this past season with 3rd place. I have the choice to keep either Mcnabb or Felix jones this year or drop them both. Dont know what the hell I'm gonna do yet.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Im thinking a running back to watch this year is Julius Jones in Seattle. They changed the whole offense to one-cut running scheme to match his running style. That is unless they stick to the whole RBBC thing.

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im in one serious money league. And several fun ones. Adds another element to make NFL even greater haha. Although its hard for me to cheer for Cowboys players and i had M Barber
I hear you, I HATE the cowboys but i had Witten last yr and R. Williams (had him prior to the trade to Dallas tho):banghead

Im in a $120 keeper league. 12 teams. Been playing the last 3 years and finished best this past season with 3rd place. I have the choice to keep either Mcnabb or Felix jones this year or drop them both. Dont know what the hell I'm gonna do yet.

What are your other choices to possibly keep? And how is your scoring i.e. PPR etc.

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So whats up, yes im bringing this thread back....

Ive done like 25 Mock drafts already its addicting lol

Im going against what I said and im in 4 leagues this is, all leagues for money some more then others.

3 PPR's
and for the 1st time a Keeper league i started

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Going in 1 league this year. $200 entry - 12 teams. Winner take all. Still formulating a game plan.

·
Professional Baby Maker
17,741 Posts
I normally play around 4 leagues, including commishing the GDC league. I'll make a post once the season gets closer to see who's up for that again this year.

3 - money leagues (2 - 12 teams and 14 teams)
1 - Fun league (GDC)

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
The only way to win money in them is to play several years, in my experience. I lost the first 3 or 4 years I played, the last 3 years i've been in the final game in my big money league. Only won it once, but still got my entry fee back for coming in 2nd.

·
Professional Baby Maker
17,741 Posts
my big money league is 60, 30, 10% payout for first to third place. Also, every week we have $10 taken from the pot to pay for the person who scored the most amount of points that week. That way it keeps everyone involved as everyone has a shot of winning something. Avoids the problem of last place teams quitting on you.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I commish a league with my friends and family. $50 buy in. 12 team league (maybe 10 this year, who knows) 60%, 30%, 10% for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. I also allow 3 free acquisitions, then charge $1 per Acq after that. just to pad the pot. works out well I think. I cant frikken wait for this season to start. GO HAWKS!!!

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
You guys that are in keeper leagues. Who do you play through, like what website yahoo, espn, or some other site. I've been playin since 05 and I think im ready to try a keeper league and play for some money

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You guys that are in keeper leagues. Who do you play through, like what website yahoo, espn, or some other site. I've been playin since 05 and I think im ready to try a keeper league and play for some money

To 1st answer your question, I started my keeper league this yr with ESPN, only played with yahoo for seasonla leagues before last yr and my buddy set one up through espn and its pretty nice.

But they've changed the stakes on me this yr in my leagues and its breaking down like this

1st league 12 teams $200 entry, 60, 30, 10 payout(something like that)
2nd league 12 teams $100 entry
3rd league my keeper $25 entry, every yr herein out its $100
4th league for shyts and giggles $5 entry:lmao

Ive been invited to a free 5th league but not certain I want to go through all that again this yr.

I'll know most of my draft positions on Monday and can start mock drafting with that actual pick other then random draft spots:wait

Its getting close boys, its getting close

1 - 19 of 19 Posts