Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
I installed an Ideal undertail on my y2k 750 almost two years ago. This is the only undertail I have installed so I don't have a reference for comparison. But, I was/am not happy with there product.

The front mounts were not wide enough so I had to get longer bolts and stack washers between the subframe and undertail to make it work. The rear mounts didn't line up with the tail section so I had to drill my own holes. The ground wire to the right tail light was broken inside the insulation which caused the light to flicker over bumps.

The thing I disliked the most was the bulb mounts. They are actually 1 1/4" PVC plumbing caps hacked up to accept 1157 bulbs. These mounts are JUNK!!! I can't remember the details but they needed quit a bit of modification just to work.

They may have improved their product in the last few years, but I would recommend another brand.
Here is what I had to say on another post.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.