Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I've never heard of a "carb repair kit" for bikes... the parts that tend to wear out are the emulsion tubes, the vacuum slides, and the vacuum slide guides. By the time you nickel-and-dime all those parts, you'll have spent about half what a set of used 38mm Mikuni RS or 41mm Keihin FCR's would cost on eBay (if you're patient and lucky). The only parts I replaced in mine when I put the jet-kit in were the emulsion tubes (I'm told that they will get worn in short order since I didn't replace the slides and guides with them) ...I'll worry about it when I notice that it's not running as well... if I ever do. I really don't think that it's necessary to replace any of that stuff if you're not really anal about getting every last 0.1 horsepower out of the bike... unless, of course, it's to fix some sort of noticeable problem with the bike. If it's been sitting for a while, chances are that just removing, disassembling, and a thorough cleaning will straighten everything out... you shouldn't *need* to replace anything unless you break something in the process. *IF* you do put a jet kit in, it's a good idea to replace the phillips-head fasteners with allen-heads to make tuning the mains and needles easier with the carbs mounted.

·
Registered
219 Posts
If the emulsion tubes or any other part is worn/damaged, you should be able to visually see that it's defective and needs replacing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts