Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i lowered my 97 gix 600 today, but we loosened the front clamps down and the whole frame went down all the way and we cant get it back up because the clams still have a grip on the front fork, does anyone have any advice on what i can do to pick the bike back up and put it back to normal position?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Alright chief, here was a NO out of pocket expense for me....I'm in construction and had everything I needed.

First, you will need a device, known as a "come along"

Next, you will need to drill 3/4 inch hole towards the upper part of a floor joyce

Notice how it is in the upper part.
Now you need a good size bolt with a nut on each side of the bolt, so the bolt can't slip out of the whole. Attach your come along to the bolt, attach a good strong chain to your come along, and attach your chain to your frame. I used tie downs to go around part of the frame, so I wouldn't scratch it.

I have used this method several times to take off my front wheels, and I have helped a friend lower the front of his bike using this method as well. For me, it was CHEAP, it's easy to use. Haven't had a problem yet. Hope this helps

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahhhh, that just gave me an idea, i could technically use a cherry picker thats used to pull engines out of cars couldnt I?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts