Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, who has taken one in the last year or two? Which class did you take, who was it instructed by, and why did you choose that specific course? I'm working to get into a handgun training course since I believe it would be more useful to me personally and the inclusive ammo cost would be a little less too. Just trying to get a feel for whom some people might have dealt with. :cheers

·
Premium Member
9,050 Posts
I took the tactical course in southern MN. It was a couple hundred dollars, plus ammo, but it was a BLAST. You learn alot and its well worth it. My next will be carbine:cheers

You basically strafe backwards, sideways, ect and learn to place your feet without tripping (if your a hunter like I am you've learned this already to keep your eyes in the woods and stalk the prey). You do quick draw hip shots, and are stressed to NOT SHOOT yourself! You are literally holding the gun just behind your waist when you fire. You learn to drop your magazine BEFORE your empty and reload holstering the other magazine. They also loaded our magazines for us and put dummy rounds in so you could quickly react by re-racking the slide to eject a bad shell. Those were stressful because you never knew when it was going to happen. Its a 300+ dollar day EASY but I would do it again.:cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
V2rider
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing