Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Lol K1 1000 and my bike has only covered 12,886, brought her 3 years ago and it only had just over 6,000 miles on it. She was laid up and not running right when I brought her, previous owner neglected her, not cosmetically, just not running her and not fixing the fuel pump and the injectors, got her nice and cheap then spent a grand on new injectors and fuel pump. The bike was a steal.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, i have been blessed, I have not punched a time clock since 1997😁
And I worked for my self at home.
My hours were 12 to 5. Monday- Friday. And come 2 or so if no one was around, I was gone riding.
And that is not the only one I have, or had with a lot of miles on them 🏍🏍🏍🏍🏍🏍🏍🏍🏍🏍🏍🏍🏍🏍🏍🏍

·
Premium Member
1,145 Posts
im guessing i have about 120.000km on my 99 srad, don't really know as the speedo stops at 99999km :p, Haven't been trouble free, spun a rod bearing due to low oil, and had to replace 10 of the 16 valves due to wear... what about you, what have you replaced on the bike to get it to 155,000miles ? :D

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At 33,000 miles, I put nitrous on it,
(Like it really needs it) it worked fine,
Until I tried to make it better. It did for about 2 seconds, 😥
I got a used motor, and adjusted the valves on it. (I always adjust them to the fat side,) a little after that I had to replace the stater and starter reduction gear cover. It was missing one of the dol pins, that cracked the cover on the inside. then at 51,000 miles, it had a frame recall. Mine was broke, I am a big guy was around 300 pounds then. The dealer said mine was the only one that they had to replace. The dealer let me take the motor and swingarm home.
I installed new bushings and got a new swingarm pivot shaft. and checked the valve clearance, the clearance had not moved, (still on the fat side). Then at 58,000 I dropped a valve 😥. It was my fault, I was doing a wheelly, the best I think I have ever done, almost a mile. On the speed ometer I seen 133 to 138, I was in second not thrid.😥😥😥.
I put a valve in it from the nitrous motor, (it has titanium valves, with a very hard coating, you can not lap the valve in,or it will remove the coating)
That is why the valve clearances don't change, I think?
At 142,000 the clutch started making noise, (more than it should) when it was cold, and idled low, with the clutch lever out. I installed a new barnett clutch, and the best part from both engines. Just pretty much wearing it out since then.
All and all a very good engine.
Have a good one 🏍🏍🏍

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I also ride my girlfriend's bike, in the last 4 or 5 years we have put around
43,000 on it. (It has 75,000 on it)
Hope you have better luck then me keeping good tires on two bikes!!!
Have a good one 🏍🏍🏍

1 - 16 of 16 Posts