Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2009 has a little over 5k miles. Just had new tires put on and noticed chain is looking a bit old. I'm probably not as attentive as I should be for cleaning/lubing the chain since I haven't been riding as much as I used to. Anyway I'm looking to upgrade chain and sprockets. Lookin into doing the gold DID ZVM x chain, stealth rear sprocket and Afam front sprocket staying with a 530 setup since I ride her pretty hard and do some drag racing.

I am looking for opinions on tooth changes you guys have decided on. I am leaning towards 1 down in the front and +2 in the rear. Bike is mostly street driven and a commuter in the non winter months. I don't want to lose a ton of top end but I don't need to do 180+ mph highway runs anymore either since I'm getting too old for that nonsense. The stock setup feels a bit tame so I'm looking for something more aggressive in the 0-150mph range.

All comments welcome. I know I'll need a Speedo healer.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I roadrace and I'm only -1 up front at all my tracks from tight little Talladega and barber to long nola and road Atlanta. Adding 2 more on the rear would be ridiculous for my use. I can't see it helping on the street either unless you're a stunter.

I run the 520 setup which saves weight and is just as strong as the heavy stock 530. I use the DID race chains but I prefer Vortex sprockets since they offer contingency. Vortex over the years has been super reliable.

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input gentlemen. Looks like I'll be putting an order in with motomummy very shortly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts