Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not the usual question, I've searched and found answers to a few of my questions and narrowed down my search.

I want to know what the paint code or colorrite.com paint I need to order for the front intake fairings on the all pearl white GSX-R600. It's not a full gloss and is closer to a flat black. I've used colorrite search but havent been able to narrow it down exactly to what shade is what even with their descriptions.

My gut and common sense is telling me to order this but I'm looking for a confirmation first. Now if you'll excuse me while I put on a flame suit. Also, how much should I order? Painting roughly 50% of my fairings.

·
Registered
104 Posts
has anyone ever used or seen the pearl white paint code used? and how does it match up? ive been thinkin for a while that i was going to paint the intake vents to match the bike and was wondering how much paint i would need for that and the rear mud flap (if thats what its called)

·
Registered
324 Posts
has anyone ever used or seen the pearl white paint code used? and how does it match up? ive been thinkin for a while that i was going to paint the intake vents to match the bike and was wondering how much paint i would need for that and the rear mud flap (if thats what its called)
I'm wondering the same how much paint is enough to paint an area!

rear mud flap = rear tire hugger (another name i know it by)

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm wondering the same how much paint is enough to paint an area!

rear mud flap = rear tire hugger (another name i know it by)

haha thats what its called! i was havin a serious brain cramp at work an knew that wasnt the name but it was close enough to get my point across. thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not the usual question, I've searched and found answers to a few of my questions and narrowed down my search.

I want to know what the paint code or colorrite.com paint I need to order for the front intake fairings on the all pearl white GSX-R600. It's not a full gloss and is closer to a flat black. I've used colorrite search but havent been able to narrow it down exactly to what shade is what even with their descriptions.

My gut and common sense is telling me to order this but I'm looking for a confirmation first. Now if you'll excuse me while I put on a flame suit. Also, how much should I order? Painting roughly 50% of my fairings.

Did you ever do the paint job? I've been debating on whether or not I would be doing the same thing but I haven't seen a single picture of a bike that someone has done this to... I'm very interested to see how this turned out.

·
Registered
176 Posts
thought I would throw my .02 in. I used this company for paint for my car and it matched perfectly. paintscratch.com. there prices are really good too.

Product Description Basecoat Clearcoat Primer
1/2 oz. Paint Pen 14.95 7.59 7.00
1 oz. Paint Bottle 14.95 7.59 6.50
2 oz. Paint Bottle 18.95 9.95 8.75
12.5 oz. Spray Can 24.95 12.25 11.50
16 oz. (One Pint) 90.70 39.00 27.00
32 oz. (One Quart) 132.00 52.00 42.50
128 oz.(One Gallon) 347.00 145.00 110.00

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the suggestion fixture, its between them and colorrite when the money is right.

Jason, no I haven't painted the bike yet, but with the bike dropping off its kickstand 2 days ago (read about it a couple threads down) Its more likely than ever.

I found this picture on my hard drive, this is the scheme I photoshopped for when it comes time to throw a coat on it, ignore the helmet and such. It was mostly for my own reference and I didn't plan on spreading it around.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts